The problem with new minor nation trees

The Air Tree would be underwhelming for Players that are primarily interested in aviation as the majority of the aircraft in the United Korean Tree are foreign aircraft.

However most of these foreign aircraft have undergone extensive modifications to increase their effectiveness some prime examples are the KF-5E or MiG-15/17/19 but i agree that United Korean Tree is mainly looked at for their Ground Tree.

1 Like

Much the same case for Israel.
Many modified aircraft but not to very interesting extent.

1 Like

oh no, its closer to 95%, anyway, my point on benelux being israel 2.0 but somehow worse still stands

Given that A. The dutch army has completely integrated into the German Bundeswehr, and the Dutch Navy is well on its way to do the same, I dont really think it matters and B. Ah yes the what, 4 unique dutch vehicles that arent a renamed tank/plane from someone else?

jesus fuck there we go again

no, your point does not stand since you pretty much pulled a number out of your ass

A. ah yes, the mutual benefit integration that hasn’t even existed for a year when you have ships from the 1910s in the game. Also no, the navy and air force are not integrated.
B. once again, a number pulled out of your ass.

At least x_Shini has a reasonable opinion that i just disagree with; you just seem to have never gotten over your CV9035NL MLU and Greek Leopard suggestions fiascos.

4 Likes

This entire opening post is made of very good points.

Just add them to Japan. I know many crybabies would throw a fit about it, but the choice is between China and Japan and China will get North Korea.
Also Japan tree needs more high tier vehicle diversity.

A United Korean tree will be a disgusting copy-paste bonanza much worse than early-middle China and probably more akin to Israel.

EDIT: IMO would have been much better if even the chinese tree (meaning their unique vehicles only) were instead added to the japanese tree too.

Uh huh buddy, I notice you didnt refute the fact that the Benelux would be a giant C&P tree that would drain dev resources like the OP said

Huh?

oh well if that’s what you need then yeah, i refute it :))))
now since the burden of proof lays on you, why don’t you show me where those 90% copy pasted vehicles are?

4 Likes

Given that

a.
i. This is false, not all dutch army corps have been ‘integrated’ ‘into’ the german army, together the germans and the dutch have 3 army corps ready in the NATO pact (it’s not a German command, it’s a NATO mutual benefit one). Even then, this is only a recent pact, notwithstanding the conflicts between these 2 nations before. You don’t see the French armed forces under a British tech tree now because of a mutual benefit forces plan, don’t you?

ii. The dutch navy is integrated into nothing, the one mutual admiralty is the BeNeSam (Belgium and Netherlands) one.

b. Please cease your ignorant rambling about native dutch armoured vehicles. Just stop and do some actual research instead of a 10 sec wikipedia search.

5 Likes

maybe we should make a NATO tech tree because of the unified command structure))

6 Likes

Just like how NATO is one army right haha. Oh, they aren’t?

5 Likes

Sure:
Belgian C&P would include but not limited to: US Pattons, M41 Walker Bulldogs, Sherman Firefly’s, M26 Pershings, Leopard 1A5, m24 Chaffee, Gepards, KanonenJagdpanzer, M109, M113 copies/variants, the Mirage 5F, F-104, F-84F, Meteor, Hurricane, Spitfire and the F-16.
Dutch C&P would include but not limited to: Leopard 2A4/2A6, CV9035, M113 variants,Gepard (known as the Cheetah to the dutch), M019, M47, Centurion, Sherman firefly, M4 Sherman, Crusader, M3 Stuart, F-16, AH-64, Lynx (possibly, it was used almost exclusively for the Navy, might not have applicable armament), F-5C, F-104, Hawker Hunter, F-84F, Sea Hawk, Sabre, Sea Fury, Meteor, Fairley Firefly, P-51, B-24, P-40, A-20, B-25, PB-Mariner, P-36 Hawk, Spitfire, Hurricane.

Cope. The Benelux tree is a worse idea than the israeli tree, and at least they have their own tanks at the end of the line

Gaijin has said SK won’t be the Sub-tree of Japan. There is an official statement on that.
Due to this there and some things that were passed to the devs there is a 95% chance it will be a Siam/Thailand sub-tree for Japan.

It and plans for Poland are all we know right now for potential next-nation info.

3 Likes

I’ll be trying to figure out how M113s with Dutch turrets are copy paste and Belgian M41s are copy paste.
Or Jpz-4/5 except it has various new features such as laser rangefinder thus fundamentally changing how the vehicle functions. More such cases exist but I can’t be bothered since others will already comment on that anyways.

Nevermind the fact that this does ignore a lot of the domestic production and designs too, it’s like naming all German “copy paste” vehicles and forgetting they have an entire industry of their own

4 Likes

There is no hate at all… at least as far as I’m concerned.

It seems like there’s a fundamental misunderstanding, because it’s like having two parallel discussions at once.

One is about which vehicles should/shouldn’t be added to the game. The other is about how to organise them.

I’m absolutely in favour of ever-expanding the game. I just don’t think nation-based tech trees are fit for purpose as an organising principle anymore.

Plans for Poland?

I bet they just saw the vehicle has the same name and it assumed is automatically C&P.

Or they believe a Sherman Firefly is C&P because it’s a modified Sherman.

3 Likes

IMG_2651

Did Gaijin just confirm Benelux??!? /s

6 Likes