The MiG-21 SPS-K Returns for the Anniversary of the MiG-21’s First Flight!

Download Wallpaper:

On June 16th 1955, the first flight of the MiG-21 supersonic jet fighter, developed by the Mikoyan and Gurevich Design Bureau, took place. This is the most mass-produced supersonic aircraft in history: including Chinese variants, the number of MiG-21 units produced reaches 14,000

The MiG-21 SPS-K (Germany) is temporarily available for Golden Eagles!

This jet fighter is available for 9,270 Golden Eagles.

When: Until June 17th (07:00) GMT).

Where: Germany > Aviation > Premium vehicles.

About this aircraft

• The SPS-K designation was given to the modification of the MiG-21PFM with the 23 mm GSh-23L cannon, which entered service with the GDR Air Force. This German variant differs from the Soviet prototype, in that it can replace the cannon pod with an SPS-141 countermeasure pod. The MiG-21 SPS-K has access to the potent R-3S, R-3R, R-13M1 and R-60 air-to-air missiles. Additionally, this aircraft can use the S-24 and S-5K rockets, plus FAB-500M-54 and OFAB-250 bombs against ground targets!
6 Likes

Man still to this day I think what they did with the event MiG-21PFM was dirty then a few months later they add this MiG-21SPS-K with non german service armament (absolute double standards in these two aircraft).

Hm the MiG-21SPS-K is definitely a great aircraft (although I think 9.7 was an odd change) but for the meta the countermeasures pod are far greater than the autocannon pod & the R-3R are an ace up the sleeves at this along with whatever IR AAM you want to use.

3 Likes

MiG-21PFM is a gimmick vehicle, nothing more, even so, next update its KH66 will get nerfed due to the new missile physics .

1 Like

I know, But it could’ve been great with two R-60 AAM’s but ohh boy someone just had to report it was the internal USSR version for ground attack not the export model with R-60’s yet the german version gets iirc polish missiles yet that’s germany with all the missiles they shouldn’t get…

Hm there’s a missile physics change coming? I must have not read those patch notes.

Missile physics change as in what happened to all the Tows, and other ATGMs and ground missiles in general. I tried out the KH66 on dev before it closed and it was handling way worse

No one reported anything, Gaijin stated from the beginning they specifically modeled Russian PFM so it could get access to the Kh-66. Also the German’s used the duel R-60 rails on their PFM’s.

Alright maybe I’m misremembering the report but the first dev server model had R-60’s on dual rails along with datamines mentioning the aircraft was to carry R-13M missiles but these were stripped from the aircraft (you can find pics & discussions on the old forum & reddit).

But still the inconsistencies with the developers giving one set of aircraft ahistorical armament for balance while simultaneously rejecting both ahistorical & historical armament for balance reasons should always be addressed with the machinery in game.

At this point someone might as well make a large list of these aircraft & their armament issues tbh.

kind of a waste of money, its certainly not good at 9.7, only 2 r60s and its engine is very subpar.