The MICA EM missile needs to be fixed

LMAO bro. Analyze deeper when you speak because atm R73 fails way less frequently than MICA EM, also if instead of being self centered you considered the fact MICA needed to be fixed to bring back the fact R73 need fixes maybe it’ll be in your best interest. Instead of spraying your hate on others because your missile ain’t the best.

4 Likes

Yeah, R73 is entirely usable in a dogfight, which MICA should be, but isn’t.

It’s a bit silly to argue r73 wasn’t fixed. It isn’t historically accurate in its performance, but it at least doesn’t spin out because you were 3km/h slower than it would like.

1 Like

The wobble isn’t just limited to TVC missiles, it happens to every missile in an online game server but not in a local test drive server from what I have observed. This leads me to believe that the wobble is caused by server tick rate.

4 Likes

It still happens even in test drive while turning its pretty stable but every time it levels out the wobble returns.

2 Likes

Interesting, I was basing my assumption on some quick testing I did a while back on the R-73’s wobble. I guess the problem is worse than I thought and I hope at some point Gaijin figures out how to mitigate the problem.

1 Like

If you read what I wrote, you’d notice I compartmentalise the wobble that is common to all missiles, which might be a tick rate issue, and can probably be corrected with better servers or PID fine tuning, but I also mention the very specific instability caused by TVC itself, which happens to only 3 missiles in game, the SRAAM, the r73 and now the MICA, which only happens when the missile needs to pull a lot at low speed

2 Likes

Tried using MICA in dogfight, missile started doing cartwheels to the point I was concerned it was going to acquire me. Most ordinary missiles don’t do that.

1 Like

Also, thread about multi pathing. I figured it could be interesting to fit in this thread : Reduce Multipathing for Active Radar Homing (Fox 3) Missiles in Air-Simulator Game Mode

@Fluffy_Bucketles At what speeds were you going ? For me, flat spin and complete loss of control of the missiles happened at around and below 600kph, but this figure is far from being precise, as I did not extensively tested it

1 Like

About 300, chasing down a 16 in a circle. FM change’s made it a bit hard to do that so tried a mica to get the kill, just spun out.

1 Like

ive had it happen even above mach

1 Like

yeah at those speeds with high off bore it’s pointless to even try lol. As mentioned, TVC is still very much work in progress, despite the number of years it’s been in game
I wonder if gaijin might implement more robust servers to handle such precise and finicky mechanics. To me, it appears the refresh rate (or whatever its called, im not a game dev) of the servers are not high enough to allow for precise control of TVC missiles.

2 Likes

Which is incredibly silly. Thrust vectoring really shouldn’t depend too much on speed for starting agility.

1 Like

especially for a missile that is launched from ships

1 Like

Considering there are IRIS-T VL in the files, that is incredibly silly

1 Like

I did read what you wrote, as I was mentioning the first part of the post that I assumed was talking the high-speed and acceleration wobble and was merely pointing out that it affects all missiles, though I agree the TVC missiles have it worse. Also, in my experience launching the missile at too high of an aspect can cause it to spin out regardless of launch speed, as I too have had 73s spin out when I was going above mach.
Based on some gameplay I got in on the testserver though, the 73s wobble seems to have been largely mitigated so I think that the MICA should be fixed by the time it goes to live, but I think the “spinout” problem has them stumped.

1 Like

Update hasn’t even come out, the reports are done stop complaining, wait and see. Then complain.

Thing is if you don’t complain before the update devs will take heck of time to fix things when update is live because they work on the next one. Dev Server period is the only time where reports and fixes are implemented and it lasts between 1 and 2 weeks so the sooner the complaints the most chances you have to get things fixed.

3 Likes

No they just read bug reports they barely spend time in this toxic forum

1 Like

Well you are the most obvious example of why this place is made toxic. When people discuss opinions in a relatively calm way you tell them to shut and watch.

4 Likes

Is there a point in spreading misinformation? Spreading misinformation is the only toxicity that’s occurring in this thread. Dev server threads are passed to developers as feedback from the community. Why speak on something you’re not aware of?

2 Likes