The M60-120S was announced, what to expect?

Mmmh i don’t think i’m gonna trust this, simply because other articles states that the ammo capacity was something between 40-42 rounds. The M1A1 turret can accomodate 40 rounds,6 of which are not covered by the blowout panels but instead are located on the floor of the tank (under the commander,protected by an armoured box)

Even this is not a reliable thing.
By looking at simply the photos,you can see how the engine compartment has changed drastically. If your objective is to not change the powerplant,you don’t waste time changing the looks of the compartment (other than flatten it,but that’s not the case). Why? because it costs you money and time without getting any advantage (a fancy bay?more space for nothing?please)

The compartment was changed because it needed to accommodate a “bigger” engine and a bigger transmission,which is also confirmed by many info and spreadsheets.

So yeah,there are two distinct versions (with one that barely has any proofs other than a paper that says so) and i refuse to play this tank if they’ll decide to screw everything and add the downpowered version (a little rant because the excitement of this tank is meeting the crude reality of being a Gaijin’s game)

The turret has 36 rounds in the ready and semi-ready racks, and 6 in the hull that have there own blowout panels.
An M60-120 would probably need to have at least 42, and would have the capacity for far more (she was thick). They probably never got around to figuring that out. But, they might not have bothered, at the time, having unprotected hull ammo wasn’t that unusual (Leo 2, LeClerc, etc.)

The M-1 turret and M-60 hulls were so unmodified that they were returned the US Army stocks after the project was cancelled.
You can scribble a extra super-dooper M60 on a napkin all you want but that doesn’t make it an actual vehicle. And it doesn’t meet even Gaijin’s criteria for what counts as one. Sorry.

I’ll be happy just to have some better firepower above 9.3 but below 11.0 personally, the US doesn’t have a ton of vehicles at this range like Germany and the USSR do, so more additions are always appreciated, especially if it has the M256!

1 Like

Tbh if its placed where I think it’s being placed, Ergo after the M60 TTS but before the HC, I think it be a nice little bridge between the m60 abrams gap tbh. This is what I live for tho not the same damn tank but heres some addon armour (cough OES, TES SEP 1) but unique little fellas that while add familiar do something DIFFERENT…

3 Likes

Tf you mean DOA at 9.3???
It’s got KE-W and the turret of the M1A1. In a hull down it’s functionally identical to the 11.0 M1A1. It’s a much better protected, much faster firing AMBT (already an amazing tank) with a bit less mobility.

1 Like

You can’t hide it. It’s simply not possible the way it’s coded right now. Any shell that penetrates magically goes straight to the breach just about every single time unlike others. Tell me again how we make out like fat rats with that 5 second reload we hardly ever get a chance of using?

1 Like

The T-90A gets Gen2 thermals and an end of line shell. 0 reason better thermals pushes it to 11.0

1 Like

M60-2000. 120 is refering to the cannon that is not what its known as though

1 Like

The prototype only had the original M60 or M60A1 engine from what I read, not the 1200 HP engine which was only a proposal.

Like put this into perspective. It would be an M1 with HALF the engine power. 13.3 HP/ton, which is abysmal for high tier.

1 Like

But there’s no documentation of the tank having more than 42 rounds,hence you can’t confirm that

The M1A1 turret was unmodified
The M60 hull had:
1.the M1 Torsion bar system
2.the M1 sideskirts
3.an adaptor ring
4.a different engine compartment
So yeah,while the M1A1 returned to the stock,i highly doubt that a modified M60 returned to the M60 stock,even because we are talking of the M60,not other variants,and the M60 as it is was literally nonexistent at the time (US had a stock of M60A1 and M60A3 with all their variants,and they are all different from a M60)
Take this photo of the brochure of the 120S (thanks to @EL337GH0ST )
M60-2000 120S MBT 2nd generation thermals
There’s literally written “production 1200hp engine with Allison transmission” you can’t convince me otherwise that the final variant didn’t have those

The T90 also has a -4kph reverse speed and has a survivability of a mosquito against a flamethrower.

If we decide to add things that were tested,but never implemented,this game becomes the alternate version of AW,and even tho i could be fine by that,i also want a line in the sand somewhere

The tank didn’t have more than 36 rounds, because the only ammo rack was the one that came with the turret.

The suspension bits were just bolted onto the hull. The only thing they made for the project were the adapters.
The US DoD has all kinds of stuff laying around. In the late '90s there were still the USMC and Army reserve units that used them. There are probably still M60s on the books that haven’t become range targets or given away yet.

So we’re talking of the same thing:36 minimum rounds,all in the back of the turret

It doesn’t mean anything

No, 36 total rounds because it was a slapped together prototype. If they had an interest from customers, they would have had to add more. Which would have required more work even if it was just putting 120 racks where the 105 ones were. Which would not be an ideal solution. But its unlikely they could do much else because the M60 hull would not easily support protected storage. Which was my point.

It means the tank was not “heavily modified”.

If you fail to make use of that ludicrously strong reload rate M1’s get, that’s 100% user error.

Further, if you fail to hide the turret ring and consistently get shot at, that’s again an issue on your end and not the vehicle’s fault.

I agree that I severely doubt this M60-2000 ending up at 11.0 is reasonable, but as always: I wouldn’t recommend comparing tanks to the T-90A as the T-90A is notoriously awful.

You can make anything seem good by comparing it to a T-90A, a better comparison would be the T-80B, T-80U, etc.

With either gen 1 or gen 2 thermals?

Ah, yes, can it get any more vague?

It should get the same M1A1 TIS.

Be happy, because they butchered this tank in the dev server

Ammo storage on the sides of the driver,one of them that has the priority over the rack behind the commander (the one that in game fills after the 18th or so round)

750hp engine

M829A1 (it can obv fire that round,but they forgot that it was AN EXPORT TANK,so the US would’ve never issued that round)

And all of this in 10.0,which will obviously bully the 9.0/9.3 range and it will inevitably end up in 10.3 after the first BR balance,making it dead

I understand that. But remember, it’s not an M1 with half engine power. It’s an M1A1. It fires KE-W every 5 seconds at a BR where other vehicles are still using L23, DM23, and 3BM42.

And those can also move under their own power.

The AMBT is arguably better and also at 10.0.