The lack of a top tier aircraft for germany

KWS is fine for BVR.

But thats it.

nice try burner account

LoL

3 Likes

the account you’re writing with has 1 game total

And yet here I am, flying KWS.

Like i said, its fine for BVR, thanks to radar, but thats it.

Dodging any sub-10km launch is more luck than anything due ti terrible FM and lack of HMD kicks it down even further.

1 Like

I really didn’t expect much for Phantoms anyway
there some RU suffering boys say this Phantom better than their MiG-29SMT and SU-27SM it funny sht you’ll ever see

2 Likes

lol.

I mean, i might say that the radar on KWS is better than the one found on Su-27s, at least from what ive heard (terrible scan speed), but thats the only thing KWS has over those two planes.

It makes the forum account quite literally a burner account.

He was right… Why argue against it?

I think it is, for the f18 alone.

Switzerland will never get it’s own techtree, but it should definately be in the game.

Due to their history and their part in ww2 fighting everyone who crossed it’s borders.

It’s a very interesting nation.

I really think you’re over estimating the efficiency of the Swiss F-18Cs

they have all ground ordenance removed as part of the US Non allied export rules and their air to air armament is composed of the same AMRAAMs and Sidewinders as the ICE and an older version of the ICE’s radar

they will be at best a slight upgrade, in the optimal scenario it would be equal to the current top tier fighters and IMO it isn’t worth the trouble

I’d rather wait for 2 more Majors to get a Tranche 1 Typhoon

I rarely play air to ground.

And the radar is sufficient in the current meta, while it will absolutely demolish both the f15 and f16 in a dogfight. At least irl the f18 should have better nose authority and better rate Performance while armed.

So it will be very much be one of the best top tier planes in terms of air to air in the current meta.

So it will exactly fill Germanys current gap in the tech tree… Exactly what it is supposed to do.

The main appeal of the Swiss as a sub-tree for Germany isn’t the Hornet, it’s the Gripen C that they had trialed and maybe leased.

100% they’re going to add F-35s to pretty much every nation except China and Russia.

It’s just Germany’s turn to suffer that’s all. Where Britain and Sweden had to fight 12.0/12.3s in 11.3s for the entirety of 2023, Germany has to put up with a 13.3 Vs 13.7 for a few updates.

I guess f18 is quite likely from Switzerland this autumn if not I guess Typhoon in December. But you are just going to have to be patient

5 Likes

I would venture to guess it will continue to be Germany’s turn to suffer all the way up until the F-35 due to the F-18 being worse than the F-15C which is in the game now, and the German Eurofighter being a bit more lacking in terms of overall features.

2 Likes

In A2A combat its fine, going to be one of the strongest in game even the DAs. In CAS it’s lacking till the Tranche 2, then it’s rarely beaten in CAS. Only really the Rafale would beat it.

1 Like

I mean that the German Eurofighters would be lacking compared to UK/Italian Eurofighters, so Germany would still not be the most competitive nation in top tier Air RB in like…ever again. And with F-35, it would just be on par with most other nations.

What is Germany missing compared to Italy and Britain?

Britain does have the IRST and ASRAAM which changes their playstyle, but I’d not go as far as to say IRIS-T will be lacking

IRST and LWS is what it is missing.

I would, but maybe this thread isn’t the right time and place for this discussion.