Yeah, this^
It’s definitely not AIM-7R because that photo was made even before 7F production, so i call it 7T(thermal). IDK how it was called IRL.
Apparently it is THE sparrowwinder but due to people using sparrow winder for any sparrow sidewinder hybrid specific details are impossible to find these days, do you know any specs of it?
Nope
Could you elaborate? Honestly, based on what I know, that’s not really the case.
You could just provide a link to the post if this has been discussed before.
Other than max g load I can’t think of anything that it’s really underperforming in
flare resistance
Sources that mention 60g don’t specify whether this is a single plane or not.
Furthermore, overload in a vacuum is of little use; a minimum target engagement range is needed. And the R-73 meets this requirement.
There aren’t any super-good sources on this. There are some relatively indirect references, but frankly, the gaming rocket lives up to them. At least, I haven’t seen any comparative tests that would definitively prove this.
Unfortunately this doc was turned down when bug reporting the R-27’s overload. As such it can’t be used for another Russian missile.
Yeah that makes sense, it’s only one secondary source. Would need 2 of them
Would it be possible to see the Aim-9R before the Aim-9x block 1/2 on Aircraft?
I wish the guys who made it were around today to see it still in service
Let me breathe some life into this thread.
Did Gajin change something about the AIM-9 missiles in yesterday’s patch? I’ve had a lot of strange situations where the AIM-9L didn’t react to flares like it used to—even when fired at me head-on, it often couldn’t be fooled by flares… I was flying an SU-25, which doesn’t even have afterburners, and firing several flares while changing direction often didn’t produce the expected result.
While browsing YouTube, I came across this short video—it looked exactly the same for me.
did we finally get realistic late non irccm missiles?
Seems normal to me. In the last clip he was in a harrier which has insanely hot engines so flares rarely work in close range. As for the other clips it’s behaving normally. That guy just has skill issue in all the clips.
