Thailand sub-tree : Ground tree

+1, lots of fun vehicles here and Oplot I don’t know how else they could really add so that would be welcome.

5 Likes

-1 absolutely not for the Stingrays touching the Jap tree in any way, they are American tanks and should be in their tree which badly needs them, as well as the V-150 Commando

They can be added to both, see 2S1.

9 Likes

I do believe that the dilemma regarding the Stingrays can be easily solved. Firstly, Commando Stingray light tank was initially started as a private venture by Cadillac Gage Textron before exporting to Thailand, the first and sole user of Stingrays to this day. However, Cadillac Gage Textron also submitted a version of Stingray to the US Army as a part of U.S. Army’s Armored Gun System program, with unique specifications and modifications. According to the Wikipedia,

“This was a Stingray hull mated to the former joint Army–Marine Corps LAV-105 turret. It had the fairly conventional layout with a four-man crew. The AGS Stingray carried 36 rounds, with eight in ready storage. In June 1992, Cadillac Gage lost to a proposal from FMC.”

Thus, as a compromise, I do believe that the US tree can have the AGS Stingray and Stingray II while the Thai Line-up/Sub-Tree can have the export version of the Stingray.

9 Likes

Similary, Cadillac Gage Commando is not just one light tank, but a series of Armored vehicles with several variants and designs, some of which are US exclusive and many are still being used/domesticized by other countries. Even on the Wiki page, you can see variants of Cadillac Gage Commando in many military services, ranging from V-100 to American M1117 Armored Security Vehicle.

M1117 Armored Security Vehicle, an internal security vehicle based on the V-100 and V-150 Commando series of armored cars

A Singapore Army V-200 Commando with 20mm cannon

Thus, I do believe that, there are enough Cadillac Gage Commandoes for everyone.

5 Likes

About the DTI AAPC. It seems that at least one of them has been recently accepted for service with the Royal Thai Marine Corps in May this year, where it was given the official name of “Sea Tiger AAPC”.

Compared to the prototype in 2016, the main key difference of the Sea Tiger is the addition of an observation device on the turret. Though other differences between the prototype and the production vehicle is unknown.

6 Likes

To my knowledge, the initial prototype was a 2 ton Mock-Up Turret. This is because the actual 30mm gun turret is being selected at that time.

ภาพจาก FB : Redirecting...

For the armored car observation device I once read the documentation that it was used as a camera model. But I will ask to see first whether this document can be published or not. I also don’t want to leak any documents unless they’re publishable documents.

5 Likes

Suggestion passed to the developers for consideration.

9 Likes