Swift F.7 radar and Fireflash missiles broken/severely less effective

I have tried it with radar on and off several times each, the missile completely ignores the radar guidance and only follows the beam guidance, it did not do this previously.

They must have changed something, because the Fireflash is supposed to be radar beam riding only, no proportional navigation SARH-like mode.

Perhaps not but this has not been communicated through any kind of dev block or notification, and it sure as shit used to: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/wf88a5/how_to_use_the_fireflash_missile_on_the_swift_f7/

It didn’t have a SARH mode really, more you slaved the beam riding to the radar. But either way because of how the missile works currently, “both” modes are completely useless. The Radar guided mode it was thought to be added as some form of balance a long while ago, but again, there has been no mention of its removal or anything about it by pretty much anyone. Its mostly just very confusing.

I would like to clarify Im not new to using the fireflash missiles, I unlocked the swift F.7 quite awhile ago, but after the Fox-3 update some stuff has changed and it is now much MUCH worse to play than ever before

1 Like

Interesting, never heard of a radar slaved mode for the Fireflash. Guess gaijin added it in for whatever reason before and deleted it recently, though.

Far as I know, there was no mode like that IRL, so it’s probably a good idea to get used to the other guidance method for the Fireflash for now.

Yeah, the big issue with both types of guidance is that the missile is un-guidable whilst its boosters are active, which is incorrect to the IRL missile and is also not how the missile used to behave. I just really want to know, what the hell changed

1 Like

really hoping it gets fixed, fireflashes use to be so fun and now are borderline unusable

3 Likes

The radar discrepancy from sensor view:

4 Likes

Thanks for this, I can use it when I re-launch another bug report, we’ll see if they actually read the next one

3 Likes

any updates?

1 Like

Did we hear anything on this? I’m finding the Fireflash just isn’t really able to guided at all right now. Sometimes it moved a bit where you point your nose, others it does nothing and just loops around.

4 Likes

Nope, I was hoping to see it addressed in the most recent patch but nada. wondering if it’s an intentional “balancing” nerf? I was pretty easily able to pull 3-4 kills a game on avg using the fire flashes and guns pre-whatever they did.

1 Like

No sorry, no updates and no acknowledgement from gaijin as of yet

1 Like

Yep these missiles have been destroyed recently, I can’t get a single kill with them. I used to be fine with them.

1 Like

Still broken.

4 Likes

I hope they fix this soon

3 Likes

Gaijin just dropped their shit there, making changes without any proof and at their discretion, disrespecting real data. If you want something accurate, you have to find five different official sources, and have a lot of time because they just won’t listen to you until people threaten them not to buy their products anymore.

1 Like

I’m guessing based off the changelog this wasn’t addressed in the new update? I can’t log in myself and check now. I feel like at this point it might have been an intentional change

1 Like

Nope, I was hoping it was fixed with dance of dragons but testing in the test flight mode shows they havent been fixed. Really curious if they just dont care or arent aware of the issues

I asked about it in the changelog thread yesterday and all I got from one of the community managers was that I should turn the radar off. I tried to get them to refer to this thread but that got buried.

2 Likes

I just sent a support ticket just to get SOME kind of response here. I LOVE the swift f7 for years with these missile. It wasn’t OP by any means with them, i rarely have been killed by one, but it was just a great quirk about the plane.