Swedish jas39C-s missing GBU-39s

Will jas39C get GBU-39s?

1 Like

I hope so, i was just about to create a topic on it when i saw yours ^^
The C version should be capable of carrying 16 of them IRL.

Images

8ed8247c229c7d48145a89cca73f6ed3
Screenshot 2024-09-04 205233

Here is the Swedish defence force own website with info on it. So the integration process started in 2016.

Chance that we maaaay not get GBU-39s if our current in game Gripen C is modeled of the MS18 upgrade and not the MS20.

Would be neat but we’ll have to wait to see what Gaijin will decide to do with implementing it.

The current in game gripen isn’t bound to any MS upgrade and the DEV’s freely pick between them to balance the plane. Most of the MS20 upgrades doesn’t even have the mechanics in game yet to support :P

if i remember correctly gaijin said they will improve gripen C overtime to make the balance, so gaijin must add the ESTL now, and the gbus

They could also quite easily just copy paste it and have an “Early” JAS39C and a “Modern/Late” JAS39C. (it was introduced in 2005, lots have happened in 20 years of upgrades)
One with just the basics (without JADAMS, AGM65G, etc) and then a modern one with all the upgrades (meteor, IRIS-T, upgraded radar, ESTL-pod, all new bombs, etc), (and then even later the JAS39E with all the data link and electronic warfare stuff and even newer bombs/missile versions if capable/available).

Well we’ll see what gaijin has planned for the future. Might be best to separate the initial Gripen Cs and the modernized Gripen Cs all together

Just hoping I won’t have to grind more before the JAS-39E comes out :>