Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

b-but canards!

That word gives me ptsd

3 Likes

Silently

1 Like

I don’t know, I’d imagine it would be quite loud

The Su-33 is much heavier than the Su-27 and maneuvers worse. The MiG-29M is not the same as the MiG-29, it is two different aircraft. Here is a demonstration of the MiG-29M2 converted from the MiG-29M tail number 154.

Here is a demonstration of the MiG-29K 9-31 marine version of the MiG-29M

I don’t see anywhere near the level of performance given by Su-27s in similar exhibits, especially on the upward pull just after the timestamp linked.

The video will never tell you how many seconds it takes for a particular plane to gain a specific altitude or accelerate to a certain speed. However, he performs the Cobra and Bell maneuver in the same way

The smoke will, however, and I do not see it passing the 90dg threshold needed to constitute a cobra

The Su-27 also has smoke, it is difficult to assess the Cobra here, but it seems that the angle of attack is no more than 90 degrees. However, this is also a supermaneuverance

1 Like

Though not to the level as the Su-27 as I was saying, and not enough to constitute the action of a cobra

This is called dynamic access to supercritical angles of attack, Yes, the Su-27 allows you to reach an angle of 120 degrees, but it usually rarely exceeds 100-110
Mig-29M with TVC

1 Like

And as far as I can see, no non-tvc MiG-29 can match it in that regard

If you’re talking about aerobatics, then the Su-27 can’t do that without TVC

The Su-27 is able to surpass 90dg deflection in a straight pull… The MiG-29 can’t.

There’s a lot of info regarding the mig29m maneuverability on our suggestion

also please, if you can, consider giving it a vote to help bringing this marvelous aircraft to the game :D

6 Likes

Already have, surprisingly. I don’t quite remember filling it out.

2 Likes

It has additional vortex generators, stronger engines and wing pattern altered.

The Mig29 is already technically able to achieve dynamic attainment, aka supermaneuvrability. However, it is limited to only being able to reach 90 degree alpha (cobra) in narrow windows and that’s it, iirc.
It is not capable of controlled side slipping etc. like the Flanker.

The additional upgrades to the M would most definitely make it fully supermaneuverable. To what degree, I do not know.

1 Like

i wonder what gaijin will add after fox 3 update as the next russian fighter. after fox 3 update russia will no longer have the bvr advantage like it does currently and mig29/su27 are not even on the top 5 list of best dogfighters in the game (r73 carries them hard in wvr). do you think they will rush to mig29m/k or tvc mig29/su27 ??. the smt will be a horrible platform to use r77s , sure it has the radar but it bleeds speed like a mig21. mig29 smt vs f16c/gripen/mirage 2000.

The ER still out accelerates all active missiles we tested on dev. It still has first strike capability and the CW still seemed much more reliable than all active missiles on dev server at range.

Will that remain the same, is yet to be seen.

I have a feeling GJ is going to release a new Flanker along with the update for Active Radar missiles or the Mig29M or K. I highly doubt they will release active missiles and the Mig29SMT will be the only fighter the tree has.

2 Likes

They could add either the mig29m or the su27sm, although the SMT will probably still have better capabilities bvr-wise than both of these planes

1 Like