Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

On my opinion MiG-29K, Su-33 alongside with other nations carrier based jets witll be in the thematic carrier jets update.

1 Like

su-33 did not use r-77’s

1 Like

I know.

1 Like

ye thats why it wont be added cuz it has no arh in arh era that is coming maybe with some upgrades etc idk yes but otherwise no

I assume new flanker after Su-27S Flanker-B might be Su-30M1 Flanker-H before Su-27SM

Another MiG-29 before MiG-29SMT (9-19) maybe MiG-29S 9-13S, MiG-29SM 9-13SM and MiG-29M 9-15

I quite believe gaijin could add Su-33 and MiG-29K 9-41R after Yak-141

1 Like

but the SM was the first su27 to carry r77s if i’m not mistaken

Su-30M armed 6x R-77 like Su-27SM but before new IR AAM R-74

I assume Su-27SM armed BVRAAM (SARH) R-27ER & (ARH) R-77 like MiG-29S (9-13S), MiG-29SM (9-12SM & 9-13SM), MiG-29SMT (9-17) and MiG-29M (9-15) but carry new IR AAM R-74 (R-73M)

I been playing the Flanker all day today, so I’ve been thinking. Since the R27ER is so good at moment they will perhaps not give new flanker next patch but instead a new Mig29.

Perhaps just model the radar more, and hopefully the F-14 as well.

Seems more probable.

I do not believe the SMT will be the only active missile carrier when the missiles debut thats for sure.

2 Likes

I would be happy with that xD

I also wish they bring EC mode to make these bvr fights more exciting, but that’s just unrealistic to get rn unfortunately

1 Like

MiG-29SMT (9-19) better MiG-29M (9-15) and Su-27SM because armed IR AAM with 60G R-74 & ARH BVRAAM R-77-1, and close to MiG-29K (9-41R) & Su-30M2

In fact Air-to-Air & Air-to-Ground armament on MiG-29SMT (9-19) like MiG-29K (9-41R) from Russian Navy but currently not full options and gajin not ready R-74

I assume MiG-29M (9-15) similar to F-15E Strike Eagle (USAF) from 90’

2 Likes

He also can use R-77-1

2 Likes

Every aircraft has its “highlights”, it’s good to know the sales promotional talk

1 Like

He can’t reply right now, but his argument was just for the sake of arguing. The F-18 is capable of Cobra … there just really isn’t any use for it when it can already handle excessive AoA (higher than the Su-27) while remaining in control and still adjusting the heading rapidly enough to be used in a similar manner.

Why can’t I reply right now?

Mind you that iirc every R-77 we will see in the Russian tree will be the -1 because the base R77 was never used by the Russians in any meaningful numbers because of how budget affected the development.

Could be wrong since that’s from memories but I’m pretty sure I’m not.

Anyways mostly here to see if anyone can tell me if gaijin is going to be bothered to do anything with the fms any time soon

That doesn’t matter for the game.

4 Likes

tbh many planes/tanks/missiles in WT weren’t used in meaningful numbers IRL

SATELLITE-M2 should be considered whenever we see airborne ECM added.

Any thoughts on this video? Would it be enough to make a bug report?
@MiG_23M @Giovanex05

Looks decent, but they will still most likely ask you to provide some historical sources. If you somehow confirm that the SU27 in the HUD footage is the same/similar as the one we have in-game, they might accept it. Gather up some more data and shoot your shot.

2 Likes