Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Of which many are already in the game that support the use of thermal imaging targeting pods. They were not given these pods in spite of the fact that every other nation has one. You have no point to further here.

2 Likes

I kinda feel like we’re doomed to have bullshirt FM until we get a bit instructor rework or FLCS instability integrated into the game, most of the FM are either UFOs or Underperforming…

The devs are stuck in their ways, there is no fixing it. If we expect realism there are other games but War Thunder is a great arcade game. It’s as close as it needs to be currently even though it is wrong.

4 Likes

Yeah, at least it’s fun to fly the gripen to take revenge on the f16s that tormented my poor mig29 for months 🙁

1 Like

I think this won’t ever happen because most players are unaware of such inconsistencies, It won’t make a difference for Gaijin speaking of money so it’s not worth to invest on It, much different from a game like DCS which the community is well aware of these particularities and often ask for realism, which is fair enough, different games different purposes…

1 Like

I’ll be honest, playing UFOs makes the game unbearably dull, most players are already bad at the game and having to face them with a broken plane feels like seal clubbing…

I’ll prolly take a break and see how thing goes but I came to play a plane game not a UFO one.

No asked for flying saucer 🙃

2 Likes

Yeah that’s the same thing that i’m doing, i only play when my pals invite me

1 Like

Honestly i can bear that ufo flight model, what irritates me most is it having shit ton of countermeasure alongside that flight model. Harrier having BOL dispensers at least made somewhat sense since it was subsonic without any radar or sarh missiles. Now you can turn on auto-dispense, stay at low altitude and do whatever you like to do without worrying about heat seeking missiles meanwhile everyone else besides you still have to keep their SA at all times in those 16v16 furballs.

I just moved back to Falcon BMS and DCS this point, at least i can have fun constantly without dealing with such bullshit vehicles…

5 Likes

the only reason that i hadn’t move from war thunder yet is that i’m a brazillian and anything related to electronic stuff is giga expensive for us, so unfortunately i can’t buy a hotas setup for now…

2 Likes

WT is not a bad game. But the simulator is in the background here and where it wants more realistic performance and the aircraft goes elsewhere.
For example Su 27 is far better in DCS for me, if we compare the simulator part of WT.
The Realistic Battle part is not a sim, some realistic parameters are simulated, but overall it is such a better arcade. I mean, for me it’s not really worth getting mad that Su 27 in RB is just simplified so that everyone can play it. And thus has unrealistic behaviour at the limit, but perfectly playable for the player. If it has worse sustained turn here than in reality, does it matter ? Not all the models here are accurate.
That’s not to say that players shouldn’t speak up when something is too over the line.

Ease of flight controls is the primary reason people enjoy war thunder. Implement that into a game like DCS and it’s over. War Thunder has nothing else to offer. Nothing.

3 Likes

It sounds to me like you’re angry at the developers.

It is an interesting question, also often discussed. Can the Su 27 Flanker B fly and land by direct pilot control ?

There are way more factors that just ease of controls .setting up campaign in Falcon or getting into PvP/PvE server in DCS takes noticeably more time. I can get into action in WT within few minutes and get that dopamine rush instantly. Not the mention getting into sims costs much more than average premium pack in WT.

It is the balance, or lack of one. Like you said this game is not a simulator thus should provide a balance between aircraft at similar battleratings so everyone could enjoy and fight in (somewhat) equal terms. There always used to be a little unbalance in top tier since early days of fox-2s. However, this has gone considerably worse in last few updates with the 4th Gens.

1 Like

I think like 90% of the community is kinda angry at the developers, the su27 is just one of the many many many many broken vehicles we have ingame and it’s not even one of the worst cases and not even one of the main issues, i mean, look at the gamemodes we have available lmao. What mig said is correct, once a proper competitor join the market Gaijin will see a collapse worse than 1991.

Tbh i’m not even unsatisfied with the su27 cuz it’s still very good at the current meta, but that’s not the point…

There is nothing to be angry about, it’s their game to develop. I’ve enjoyed over 15,000 hours of war thunder and my opinions of the game are well founded based on that experience. I think they could do better, but that’s up to them.

These aren’t concerning issues for me, as I said earlier it is just my opinion.

What source did you use? Was it this?

Spoiler

I knew the F-15 is a strong performer but that is a considerable advantage in nearly all instances. Was this hypothetical performance?

this was guesstimated, very favorable for the F-15 when you consider this is supposed to be for a 60% fuel full missile load F-15…