Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

What version of the Su-27 is on par, avionics wise, with the F15C and F16C we have in game? And how soon before they are added to the game do you guys think?

1 Like

Su-27M maybe?

It seems the Su-27 we have right now may be the one we stick to for a few months.

I know the Su-27SM2 has technically the Irbis-E radar, which is the one on the Su-35 if I’m not mistaken (correct me if so).

The aircraft feels pretty okay-ish for the most part, radar is atrocious tho and FM and instructor are schizophrenic ;)

The radar problems and the lackluster performance of the R-77 are issues no matter how you look at things. The main problem around this BR is that EVERYTHING with spamraams is just head over heels outperforming everything. I guess there are some exceptions for the F-4 ICE and the harrier. The problem is that basically all of the spamraam planes should be at a higher BR.

1 Like

Su-27SM2 don’t exist on the first place.

5 Likes

I checked and yes, Su-35 may be the best bet xD

Flanker are a bit sad RN

They are definitely issues, and they need to be taken into account, however I do think that since the Changes made to R-77 and all other missiles, the missile feels better to play overall.

F15s are the true powerhouse tho and Aim-120 are overall better suited in a ARB match.
I don’t know how the balance may change, but what I’m mainly hopping for is a rework/buff to the main USSR planes, MiG-29 and Su-27.
Su-27 radar probably won’t change, except if we get sources on how the N001V performs which seems unlikely. (I wish it was different)

Mig29 SMT might stay as the best russian plane for bvr until the addition of late mig29m or the super flanker, If they give it the r77-1 it might be able to compete with the western fighters.

1 Like

Btw I knew that Russia was behind the West in terms of avionics but damn… The fall of USSR really killed these companies.

2 Likes

Could the R-27EA in the game be a good choice?

From which West…? definitely not from Western Europe!
https://dzen.ru/a/YCmKqMIZyX4yYUFG

Funny amount of cope. It was predictable…

2 Likes

It doesn’t change the fact in any way…Only the F-18 and MiG-31 set the trend for the development of the next generation of avionics in the world…as well as the MiG-29/Su-27 OLS systems…

as well as the MiG-29/Su-27
F-18
zaslon

next gen

It’ll always be, once you start read the tech documents and have some background you see how terrible their situation was.

Knowing how everything ended up vastly overstated I don’t have high hopes for the zaslon nor any other avionics/radars. Like I did with the saphir 25 radar only to end up worse the apg59 of the phantom which was older and a proper pulse doppler.

If you have any relevant information that would be useful but the signature look of superiority doesn’t look good on a homeless person.

Womp womp

6 Likes

The first version of the Zaslon was really not very good in terms of detecting small targets.However, it did not last long

I have already posted, alot quantitativelyregarding the avionics. Its the same story, atleast a decade lagging. And either more or less equal with french/english systems.

Why don’t you bring relevant info regarding avionics otherwise rather than just trying to stir the pot. I’m just giving a reply on something easily verifyable.

It would be more of homeless claiming grandiose when you can see he’s homeless

1 Like

It is you who place the porridge…

It does not cancel the world’s first phased array
and OLS on board fighters in any way…
In fact, all this is nonsense in the presence of an automated control system of the air defense forces…
If you do not take into account the F-106 (NORAD)…That is, systems like the Soviet ones have become mandatory in the West since the 2000s.

sure, lets look at the “PORRIDGE” quantitatively rather than just pulling up links

High alt, lookup/same altitude (60N/M =111km) ( 50N.M = 93km)(40N.M = 74km)

2024-08-02 (1)
2024-08-02 (2)

High altitude, Lookdown

2024-08-02 (5)
There isn’t one for the Blinder lookdown but you know the basics of how RCS works…

APG-59 simply has longer detection in lookdown as it has proper pulse doppler and slightly better or equal in look up and it does it using an HPRF waveform rather than an LPRF (one which is terrible with clutter/chaff)
and Saphire 25 has low altitude modes which cuts range CONSIDERBALY, to the 20kms range.
Nice “PORRIDGE” you brought upon

this is the thread for the spaceship if you want to take it there

Phased array its a thing no kidding, faster updates and you can allow a much wider search zone rather than a reduced one as we see on western radars to keep a accurate track files. Yet what about all the details like on the N019/N001 which show serious/ comical flaws that con only be looked by reading the stuff? We don’t know them and we wont till the foxhound is pulled out of service + couple of extra years and we get to check it. So, don’t sing songs yet.

OLS, I think radar is premier to it. IR depends on a lot of stuff sometimes outside your control. Radar is much more reliable.

GCI has always been a thing in the west but never soviet style by the 80s and beyond. Early on yes as we have records of it during the 50s and even 60s early 70s when onboard avionics improved considerably.
Much less “mandatory”, it would be big step backwards in doctrine

I think this quote summarizes your issue entirely. You want to claim these radars are awful and bad in all these many ways as though the US ones are without a single flaw themselves but as you said yourself… it is conjecture until more detailed information is revealed.

We will never know the issues of the American equipment because our propaganda is better and our secrets were not leaked so often.

10 Likes