Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Just fix everything else about the FM, there are too many things bad about the FM to care about cobra at this point

2 Likes

The question has been asked and I find it interesting, personally I think the Su 27 in this configuration would have a problem. I’ll try in DCS sometime. Above a certain speed, disengaging the limiter is certain suicide for instant pitch up.

There’s currently no possibility of knowing 100% for sure, but he showed a nice video (the one ou replied to) which makes me tend to believe that it can, the amount of fuel is purely speculation, it can be min or not, it’s not possible to know.

But regardless, as many ppl already pointed out, the cobra is a maneuver that you’d execute in very specific cases (almost useless) and ingame the flanker already can pull a nice amount of aoa to perform It. IMO it’s not worth spending energy debating about the cobra.

Well after watching the video comparing the ingame version to the real one it’s certain that something is wrong, the problem is that it’s hard to apply the exact amount of drag for the su-27, there’s probably little to no info about it anywhere so there’s no way to fix it for now, sadly.

That was not what was adjusted in the FM’s in most of these changes. That’s also not what causes poor SEP. The F-111’s performance was looked at as a whole, turn rates were not the sole basis of the nerf. The MiG-23’s performance was not just modified via STR either.

The only two aircraft with issues regarding SEP is the MiG-29 and Su-27.

2 Likes

I Can’t wait for them to fix that so i can fly my rusty 9.13 again…

1 Like

At this point, i am approaching a point where i will pay a professional aeronautics engineer and find data for him to make reports for gaijin, im really fed up with the situation of all top tier russian aircraft being flying airbrake kites

4 Likes

Instructor 100%, nose doesn’t stay centered when rolling. Might be the rudder causing it

Lmao I thought about that hahahahah, I promise you guys if i ever become a billionaire i’ll buy real russian aircraft and hire pilots to make every single test. Gaijin will have no excuses.

2 Likes

Even when it doesn’t lose control, it wobbles a lot and bleeds energy like crazy.

2 Likes

it’s extra noticeable without improved boosters, feels very “sticky” if that makes sense

Imagine r37m in war thunder

3 Likes

I can already hear american mains crying. America having an monopoly on an ultra-long range missile that’s meant for killing bombers? Perfectly fine. It’s terrible at killing fighters. Everyone dying to it is a skill issue. Russia having the upper hand with an ultra-long range missile that’s meant for shooting down tankers and AWACS? Completely unfair! Russian bias! Where SM6?

4 Likes

it is not written anywhere how he reacts to flashes. But considering that the plane is much larger, he won’t care about the flashes. The flashes will be visible as separate targets. There should be no disruption if the target is not in their plane

1 Like

I have already mentioned above that weight affects only one indicator

Down to the washing machine parts ? Lmaooo

Lol

5 Likes
1 Like