Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Please somebody drag Ziggy out of here to at least here, you can discuss anything somehow related or even hardly to Russia, special off-topic topic

1 Like

What more do you want? How much proof lol.

After relying on Russian-made rocket engines for national security launches since the early 2000s, the United States is preparing to blast off with next-generation engines made within its borders.

United Launch Alliance — a joint venture between Lockheed Martin and Boeing — and Elon Musk’s SpaceX are gearing up for the first batch of national security launches awarded to the companies in 2020. More than 30 launches will be carried out between ULA’s Vulcan Centaur and SpaceX’s Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy from fiscal year 2022 through 2027 as part of phase 2 of the National Security Space Launch program, or NSSL.

The upcoming launches will allow the United States to phase out the Russian-made RD-180 — the first-stage engine used to power ULA’s Atlas V rocket.

The RD-180 engine is a dual-combustion chamber, dual-nozzle engine designed and built by the Russian company Energomash. The engine burns a mix of kerosene and liquid oxygen fuel to give it enough thrust for the initial boost phase of flight, said Chris Stone, senior fellow for space studies at the Mitchell Institute for Aerospace Studies.

U.S. Kicking Russian Rocket Engines to the Curb (nationaldefensemagazine.org)

Good job, it says the US will no longer be reliant on Russian engines. Not a single SpaceX rocket ever used Russian parts or engines or was based on either.

The article says thanks to US rocket development from SpaceX & others they can drop rockets utilizing the RD-180… None of which are produced by SpaceX.

2 Likes

Aww hell yeah this is awesome I will go there.

They are just going to follow me though.

So I am correct. Space X used Russian Rockets at one time? Yes or no?

Omg lol.

No, you’re wrong. Merlin and Kestrel are designed and produced in the US. SpaceX has never used Russian stuff. I made that clear.

Your own sources made that clear.

1 Like

According to a spokeswoman for United Launch Alliance, the joint venture between Boeing and Lockheed, they have enough RD-180 engines on hand to complete current Atlas V space missions for their customers. The RD-180 is a Russian-made engine used on the Atlas V rocket.

SpaceX faced an opportunity when sales of Russian engines were halted. They were able to design and manufacture their own rocket engines. This gave them an advantage over their competitors.

The switched over no more reliance on the US government contracted Russian RD-180

MiG pls if you want to respond him respond in theme I sent

All of Space Xs hardware is made in the US, not just their engines.

They saw an opportunity to sell, not switch. They never once ever in their existence used Russian engines.

Nah we staying right here.

I am down for some links? you have not provided one.

Feel free to be off topic & wrong at the same time. Your own sources speak for themselves and you’ve made a fool of yourself.

1 Like

Neither does the British have anything to do with this subject.

So, its just your interpretation?

How so?

Just admitted right there.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me. No?

You can mess around with people without looking like a clown at the same time btw, put the beers down.

After sales of the Russian Engines were halted. :)

You got me, we all live in Ziggy’s world where the SpaceX uses R-77 grid fins and RD-180’s

This dude is spamming videos. No more lets go to other topic.