Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Guys who has the Chinese Flanker and the Soviet? The J-11 is much more maneuverable and can pull 90-degree aoa on a dime compared to the Soviet.

Is there a technical reason for this I am missing?

Both should be 1:1 identical, weird

1 Like

They are

2 Likes

I am testing them again looking at fuels. Will post videos in about 30 if I find out I am not just tripping.

What’s the RWR fitted to the Su-27 at the moment?

No J-11 is heavier and has to maneuver worse

1 Like

If it turned out to be better in the game, ask the customizer

1 Like

Roger that bro, stand by for vids. For all of you guys to determine if they are correct compared to the Russian.

I was wrong, a single line is changed between the two flight models which is the empty weight. Doesn’t seem to noticeably affect FM performance.

Spo-15lm

I should have figured, the BVR fight gets much harder if you don’t know when the missile is launched, especially if guidance of AIM-7F/M is properly on HPRF/MPRF. Though I expect that not to be an issue with the snails basic SARH missile implementation.

Performance is the same. HOWEVER.

The Soviet nose bobbles more than the Chinese at low speed and low altitude performance (Post Stall). It is affected trying to regain control at low latitude. Chinese is flush with full control of aircraft after high alpha maneuvers.

the Chinese Flanker’s post stall control is superior at moment imo.

Su-27 (VKS) High alpha roll and post stall control. - YouTube
30min internal, 900km roll and pitch, 90° alpha and return to level flight. This Flanker demonstrates less control post stall. Notice the excessive nose bobble and I did not sustain the same alpha any longer than the Chinese.

J-11 (Flanker PLAAF) High alpha roll and post stall control. - YouTube
30min internal, 900km roll and pitch, 90° alpha and return to level flight. This Flanker demonstrates superior control post stall.

1 Like

I am just getting used to flying the jet will conduct better test as I get better, getting used to weaknesses and strengths.

The IRST seems the same strength in as the Mig and Yak. Clearly this thing is gigantic for a reason.

The FOV should be greater as well but seems to be exact copy as well the same when using HMS. Of course, WIP but we need to note it.

Yes, it should be ±60 instead of current ±30.

2 Likes

I believe radar elevation is also incorrect right now? -35 degrees negative elevation is very little

1 Like

maybe one of yall whos better at holding a rate in full real in mouse control can help confirm but in the brief periods I managed to hold a rate and altitude it seems the Su-27 is sustaining 1 less g than it should at higher speeds (above 600), if one of yall whos better at this can confirm would be great help.

here is image from manual for reference for your own testing

Spoiler

conditions are a plane with 2 R-27R and 2 R-73 and 50% remaining fuel after a typical refueling (tanks 1 and 4 filled in a typical refueling) or roughly 1860kg worth of remaining fuel

This is for the Su-27SK, it is heavier than the basic version by about 300-350kg

It seems that it’s tank 2 + tank 3, totaling 5220 kg. So 50% means 2610 kg.

Эксплуатационная вырабатываемая вместимость топливных баков (при γ=0,785):
• бак № 1 – 3180 кг;
• бак № 2 – 4160 кг;
• бак № 3 – 1060 кг;
• бак № 4 – 1000 кг;
• ВСЕГО – 9400 кг.

8.2.1. Предусмотрены следующие варианты заправки самолета топливом: полная, основная и частичная. При основной заправке заправляются только баки № 2 и 3. При полной заправке заправляются все баки. Заправка баков производится закрытым способом – под давлением или открытым – через заливные горловины. При частичной заправке бак № 2 заправляется открытым способом полностью (контроль визуально) или не менее 3400 (контроль по топливомеру). Топливо из баков вырабатывается через расходный отсек бака № 2 автоматически. Порядок выработки топлива регулируется системой топливоизмерения СТР7-2АК.

if thats the case that works out to ~2610kg internal fuel + 2 R-73 + 2 R-27R to get an accurate test you’d need to do this with the J-11 since thats an SK or add an additional 570kg of internal fuel to the Soviet Su-27 to account for the increased mass of the J-11