Shenyang J-11, J-16, J-15, History, Performance & Discussion

We got the J-11 for China (not the J-11A)

2 Likes

_~BL0SET)TKIQPZ}T(FZE49_tmb

7 Likes

We now have the Chinese voice warning as well!!

3 Likes

yes! cant wait to hear the sound like what i heard in DCS

1 Like

As in dev server, the J-11 is not a copy of Su-27. It is slightly heavier (due to extra internal fuel tank?) and thus slightly worse flight characteristics.

seens that the extra weight make J11 better

2 Likes

That guy doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Compare them at the same weights and they are identical. The J-11 has more empty weight but that is the only single line of code difference.

It’s 570kg heavier on empty weight. That is it. The only difference in the code is a single line.

3 Likes

Yes, empty weight is still weight at the end of the day lol. It’s the worst kind of weight.

You just contradicted yourself by stating the ONLY difference is a single line of code.

Than that means the PLAAF flanker is over performing regardless of my post stall characteristic claim being that its around 1234 lbs. heavier.

To put in perspective. That is an additional R27ER and 2x R73s hanging from the Chinese flanker that it can never shake off.

If it is performing on par with the Russian Flanker means it is already overperforming genius.

I believe this due to the Su-27SK that the J-11 is built after being heavier with stronger landing gear and other slight changes right?

1 Like

Possibly, I don’t know a whole lot about the specific flanker variants. What I do know is that the Chinese models in the future will outclass the Russian ones. In all areas.

1 Like

The J-16 is probably the best Flanker in the world right now, however it’s a ways away I feel. But yeah, even after the base J-11, the Chinese are quick to upgrade their own flankers with better equipment. The funny thing is that they are also in possession of the best Russian flanker in service, the Su-35 as well

4 Likes

The Chinese have the most advanced Flankers at the moment. The Federation however is still sitting on lots of technology if they can get their priorities straight and funding.

1 Like

Dosnt help that Russians not really making anything past the Su-35

2 Likes

No

1 Like

The best flanker is the Su-35S

3 Likes

No, not the best, stop writing nonsense

If the Federation stayed on the Western path after the turn of the century. Russian aerospace forces would be straight up cutting edge imo. Like insanely cutting edge. That country is so capable of printing money and so many untapped resources.

3 Likes

Chinese flankers are based on the old Su-27SK,UBK and Su-30MKK, they have an old structurally power circuit, an old control system, no TVC

1 Like

Russian shills working full steam

10 Likes

Agreed the Russians are still the world leader on high output engines and and aerodynamically perfect designs. The Flanker is regarded as the worlds most aerodynamically perfect design ever.

This is stated by US pentagon analyst as well. If the Federation gets stable and generates money like it could have, Amazing 6th generation fighters incoming.

2 Likes