Sukhoi Su-27/30/33/35/37 Flanker series & Su-34 Fullback - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

If guided missiles R-27R, R-27ER, R-27EP, R-27P are selected for use, target designation in HELMET mode is issued by RLPK-29 and after the target is captured by the radar sight, further aiming is carried out according to the HUD information. The target acquisition by a radar station or heat direction finder is indicated by the blinking of the aiming rings on the NVU.

1 Like

This is what the devblog says about SU-27

“One of the best jet duelists in the game is getting even better.”

Thus just shows how UTTERLY CLUELESS the DEVS are about the state of the game.

The Flight Model of SU-27 is UTTER DOGSHIT, meanwhile the F-16 is a fantasy UFO.

They need to fix SU-27 flight model, tired of dogshit Russian flight models by gaijin because of 0 skill garbage premium playing bombing F-4S main clueless utter worthless USA mains crying.

(Open the video for defyn’s opinion on SU-27)

5 Likes

The OEPS-27 is not a radar HMS period.

There is no such mode as PD HMD.

The radar is only pointed at the angular position when there is a target locked in IRST & you switch back to radar. The radar is not even on at the same time as IRST in game.

You provided further evidence no such mode exists.

This is from a MiG-29 manual, so it wouldn’t have OEPS-27. Also it clearly says If guided missiles R-27R, R-27ER, R-27EP, R-27P are selected for use, target designation in HELMET mode is issued by RLPK-29. HELMET mode not HELMET IRST, not HELMET RADAR. Just HELMET designation, meaning it can designate for radar

6 Likes

You cannot lock a target with the HMS sight and exclusively use radar alone, everything is first done with the IRST. You cannot circumvent this process.

There is no such thing as a PD HMD mode.

I completely agree

7 Likes

you realize that in the same paper states operational angles larger than the ones than the IRST actually supports, when the mode for the ir missiles is selected the missile seeker is enslaved to the helmet not the irst and when the radar missiles are selected the radar is enslaved to the helmet

2 Likes

You can’t say that! Gaijin developers say it’s the best duelist!

1 Like

I see no reason why the HMD cannot direct an ACM lock by physically moving the radar dish to point in the required direction.

It may not be able to reliably do it very well or accurately, but if it is described in the documentation then there is no “gotcha” moment.

It’s simply an interesting workaround for an older technology.

3 Likes

Ahahaha

This is in regard to the HMS

The use of the helmet-mounted target designation system (NSC) allows the pilot to launch R-27ET, R-27T, R-73 (R-60M) missiles with offhand aiming under severe time pressure.
In this case, target designation is issued to the coordinators of the TGS, RLPK and KOLS at a solid angle of ±60° (14° in elevation).

You are conflating two processes to launch two different weapon systems. I just caught you.
Paste the entire source.

This is in regard to weapon systems already tracked by the radar:

At the request of the pilot or if it is necessary to launch R-27R guided missiles (R-27ER, R-27EP, R-27P), after capturing the target of the radar complex.

Its already tracked by the radar meaning it is not referring to HMS but to launching of the radar guided munitions & how it works.

The R-27R & ER are incapable of being launched in offhand aiming under severe time pressure with the HMS like the R-27ET, R-27T, R-73 (R-60M)

You just accidentally proven that hat in your own word:

The R-27R & ER cannot be utilized to the same degree as the R73. Not remotely possible.

Please post the entire source for further disection thanks.

ПРИЦЕЛИВАНИЕ С ИСПОЛЬЗОВАНИЕМ НАШЛЕМНОИ СИСТЕМЫ ЦЕЛЕУКАЗАНИЯ

Использование нашлемной системы целеуказания (НСЦ) позволяет летчику осуществлять пуск ракет Р-27ЭТ, Р-27Т, Р-73 (Р-60М) с выполнением прицеливания «навскидку» при жестком дефиците времени. Целеуказание при этом выдается координаторам ТГС, РЛПК и КОЛС в телесном угле ±60° (по углу места вниз 14°). По желанию летчика или при необходимости пуска управляемых ракет Р-27Р (Р-27ЭР, Р-27ЭП, Р-27П) после захвата цели РЛПК выбрать к применению ракеты Р-27Р (Р-27ЭР, Р-27ЭП, Р-27П) и дальнейшее прицеливание осуществлять по информации РЛПК. Для обеспечения устойчивого захвата цели РЛПК целесообразно установить режим работы БЛ. БОИ.
В целях обеспечения надежной работы системы целеуказания в процессе маневрирования с Пу>6 необходимо производить тщательную индивидуальную подгонку защитного шлема с НВУ.
Пуск ракет с ТГС (Р-27ЭТ, Р-27Т, Р-73 или Р-60М) с прицеливанием только по НСЦ осуществляется глазомерным или по информации КП определением дальности до цели. Атаку можно выполнять под любым ракурсом во всем эксплуатационном диапазоне высот, скоростей и перегрузок истребителя. При этом основное преимущество системы НСЦ на этапе прицеливания заключается в том, что летчику нет необходимости выполнять маневр преследования противника для совмещения продольной оси оружия с направлением на цель, в связи с чем прицеливание осуществляется при полете истребителя с перегрузками, значительно меньшими, чем перегрузка маневрирующей цели (истребитель находится с внешней стороны ее маневра).
Для выполнения прицеливания с пуском управляемых ракет Р-27ЭТ, Р-27Т, Р-73 летчик должен поворотом головы в пределах углов целеуказания совместить малое прицельное кольцо коллиматорного визира НВУ с целью и нажать кнопку МРК. ЗАХВ. ПЗ. При нахождении цели под большим углом визирования необходимо выполнить доворот на цель для его уменьшения. Для уменьшения начальных ошибок пуска и исключения возможности выхода цели за время прицеливания на углы визирования, превышающие предельные углы целеуказания, следует одновременно с поворотом головы выполнять маневр в сторону цели.
При захвате цели ГСН в телефонах прослушивается звуковой сигнал, на ИЛС высвечивается мигающий индекс ПР, а на прицельных кольцах НВУ дополнительно появляется перекрестие.
После захвата цели ТГС ракет Р-27ЭТ, Р-27Т, Р-73 летчик должен отпустить кнопку МРК. ЗАХВ. ПЗ (головка в дальнейшем будет самостоятельно отслеживать цель независимо от положения визирного устройства НВУ), оценить дальность до цели и произвести пуск.
В случае необходимости перенацеливания на другую цель нажать кнопку МРК. ЗАХВ. ПЗ, совместить малое кольцо НВУ с новой целью и после ее захвата ТГС отпустить кнопку МРК-ЗАХВ. ПЗ.
При пуске управляемых ракет Р-60М необходимо, удерживая нажатой кнопку МРК. ЗАХВ. ПЗ, совмещать прицельную марку НВУ с целью до схода ракеты.
Возможен пуск ракет Р-27ЭТ, Р-27Т, Р-73 без отпускания кнопки МРК. ЗАХВ. ПЗ, при этом необходимо отслеживать цель через НВУ.
Если выбраны к применению управляемые ракеты Р-27Р, Р-27ЭР, Р-27ЭП, Р-27П, целеуказание в режиме ШЛЕМ выдается РЛПК-29 и после захвата цели радиолокационным прицелом дальнейшее прицеливание осуществлять по информации ИЛС. О захвате цели радиолокационной станцией или теплопеленгатором свидетельствует мигание прицельных колец на НВУ.

1 Like

I am waiting on sources to back your claims, otherwise your claims are just empty words.

1 Like

Please post the actual page not a chopped-up copy paste thanks

Also you ignored this @Ziggy1989 where it literally says in the HELMET mode the RLPK is prioritized in target acquisition

2 Likes

N001, N001VEP now are fixed to ±60° gimbal limit

It isn’t chopped up, the manual is a word document I just deleted the number of the pages

There is nothing worth to take note. You refuse to provide sources that (I already know is chopped) up & combined with other paragraphs to mislead.

You posted by accident the undeniable truth of the matter though:

The R-27R & ER cannot be used just as the R-73.

You can bend over backwards, translate it 25 different times, interpret it 7 ways, go to the moon & back to justify video game logic.

At the end of the day. Reality wins.

Ok here, first educate yourself on the design principles of planar array radars that are found in the Mig-29 SMT & the F-16C.
L16_Arrays4.pdf (mcmaster.ca)

Then, after you are finished, I will teach you about ancient radars that have Cassegrain antennas such as that the Mig29 & su27 have that were literally taken from the Mig-23ML.

Well you can believe what you want, I don’t even know why I tried to show you based on manuals how the system functions when you say my sources are cropped up XD. If it doesn’t match your agenda you won’t believe it.
You aren’t a dev and you don’t even do bug reports, so anything you say doesn’t actually matter.

Also I am gonna wait for you to teach me about ancient radars that have Cassegrain antennas. I expect a 250-300 pages for the document with specific and general case of applications. I expect to see this assignment within a week starting from today. 18:00 (Moscow Time) 03/06/2024

5 Likes