Su-39, "Khod/Kinzhal" Thermal Imaging/Radar Container

I dont know i he is going to even respond, considering it’s been more than 10 years, but you should try to re-open your gaijin.com ticket about it. For the Visual confirmation part, i cant see if you already inculded this pics :
image.

(if you did in the google drive, maybe they didn’t open it, because it is clearly a visual confirmation. ) and for the caracteristics part, just tell them considering it should have about the exact same FoV as, the merkury.

For justification, you can try that : on number 3 and 4 of this document (Су-39 - FROGFOOT-B | MilitaryRussia.Ru — отечественная военная техника (после 1945г.)) the field of view of the merkury system is described, and it is said that the Khod suspended the same way as the merkury.

I’ve added quite a few other confirmations, such as a photo showing specifically the T8-TM1 with Khod.

However, the support staff requires information about the matrix, which I do not possess

Well, unless some magic happen and we find the caracteristic of the Khod, one way or another, i guess we will have to wait.

It’s sad that gaijin sometimes introduces unrealistic things (f5C with flares) but when there is proof, photo and report evidence, they cant just convert the NVD on the merkury with a TVD…

I really do not believe we need to be making these attackers stronger than they already are.

Thing is, those aircraft are only strong in a context.

They are strong because they are on the russian side, so often they are no aircraft to take them down.

Also you’re kinda forgetting about SIM, where a thermal imaging pod would be an immense plus, especially with harrier gr7, or tornado.

We do not want this pod to make su-25t/39 OP, we just want it because it is really interesting, and it is the first thermal pod ever designed and built by russia.

1 Like

I understand, the problem is they are already very good at CAS and making them better at it would make russia even more dominant than they already are.

You don’t have any of these airplanes on your account. You don’t know if they are strong or not.

All 11.3+ Stormtroopers except the Viggen and even many earlier ones have thermal imaging.

The Su-39 is the airplane with the WORST flight characteristics of the 11.3+.
Su-39 is an airplane with minimum number of TV armament (some colleagues have 4 TV bombs).
Su-39 is a plane with the worst aiming system, which is dozens of times worse than its counterparts, because its angle of view is negligible and forces you to fly directly at the target, which does not give you the opportunity to maneuver and dodge anti-aircraft missiles.
Any other aircraft can throw a laser bomb or missile and fly to the side getting a high angular velocity, which at a distance of 7-10 kilometers makes it almost invisible to SPA.
The Su-39 has the worst all-around missiles which are vastly inferior to the AIM-9L, with some aircraft having both TV bombs and medium range missiles, and can take both at the same time

I can send half a dozen reviews where people call the airplane garbage. It can only kill tanks when there are no SPAs and no other planes on the map. Otherwise it is powerless.

3 Likes

No, it has no more capabilities than the F-14B, Mig-27K, Tornado IDS, Harrier Gr 7, F-4E (lol 11.0 has 4 TV bombs, and medium range missiles, while it is a supersonic aircraft with excellent maneuverability parameters)

I’ve already detailed what the Su-39 should look like to avoid being a laughingstock, where it’s only strong when no one resists it. In such a situation any airplane is strong

1 Like

You don’t have any of these airplanes on your account. You don’t know if they are strong or not.

Not how that works

All 11.3+ Stormtroopers except the Viggen and even many earlier ones have thermal imaging.

Idk what a stormtrooper is in this context but the issue isn’t thermals at 11.3, its making an already good aircraft stronger for no real reason.

Lol, well then you could introduce the F-14B without the phoenix. It would still be a good airplane. But for some reason they gave it medium range missiles even though it’s an attack aircraft.

The problem with the Su-39 is that the current model in the game doesn’t match the design of the airplane at all.

The Su-39 is a versatile all-weather attack aircraft that is capable of fighting off enemy aircraft on its own.
That’s why they developed a thermal imager and a radar that can see stationary tanks.
And that’s why they added the R-27.

There’s none of that in the game. It’s literally a Su-25 that was added a Shkval and 2 TV missiles. And because of that they raised the rating by 1.3, which is just a disaster.

I’ve seen the opinion of a dozen experienced pilots who said the current rating of the airplane should be 10.7 max

2 Likes

Translator’s error. When I write a lot of text, I use it to speed up my response.

There is no point in taking the Su-25T or Su-39 while there is the Mig-27k.

It has an excellent aiming station, albeit without thermal imaging (which is also a disadvantage), but it can aim missiles in a wide range of angles.
In addition, it flies very well. Not as good as the F-14 or F-16, but acceptable.

Su-39 flies the worst, has the worst aiming station and its only plus is 16 vortexes.
But then the strongest airplanes are the Phantoms, which have 30+ bomb hangers. That’s potentially 30 kills!
That’s how it works in the logic of those who think the Su-39 is strong, right?

As an ASB main, a frequent flyer of the Harrier Gr7 in SB with TIALD pod, I can somewhat concur that imaging pods can be quite potent in ASB. Potentially more effective than radar for locating and ID’ing targets. Though rarely does SB get a second thought when it comes to aircraft additions, though thankfully ASB BR can be tweaked accordingly if it becomes an issue.

I’m sorry what is an attack aircraft?

I’m not quite sure how that sounds correct in English. I always thought it was correct. Attack aircraft is what the game calls Su-25, A-10, Harrier, etc.

I meant what aircraft are you referring to as an attack aircraft

My understanding is that these are aircraft that are focused on hitting ground targets.
However, it is important to realize that I am not the one who believes that strike aircraft that get into the same fight as f-14 type aircraft should be severely limited in armament.

I was referring to this line:

Lol, well then you could introduce the F-14B without the phoenix. It would still be a good airplane. But for some reason they gave it medium range missiles even though it’s an attack aircraft.

I meant that this airplane has smart bombs, so it is an attack aircraft by its capabilities. At the same time, contrary to logic, it also has excellent A2A armament and can have everything at once.

Its one of definition

The F-14B is a Fighter/Interceptor first, that can carry guided bombs second (I consider it the first “multi-role” jet in game)

The Su-39 is an Attack/strike aircraft first, that can carry a wider array of AAMs. (I dont really consider it “True” mutli-role. rather its just a more modern strike aircraft)