Strv 123A incoming to Swedish military!

nah 2a7+ , has some additonal things like the addition of the PSO and war kits the leo 2a5 PSO currently has as well

2A7V
A7V-01

2A7+ (which can be modified for different kits)

oh okay thank you :)
i will remove the turret from the list :)

realy hope germany will get a remote weapon station for the 2A8, recent situations have proven how important anti air capability vs drones is

1 Like

PSO?
what kits?

Yes, you only need the ADL (Advanced Data Link) for that, normal Leopard 2A7 already fires DM11 thanks to it.

2A7V is

2A7V is built from 2A6M and 2A7+ is built from base 2A7

2A7V is newly built (well, at least the hulls are)
Turrets come from existing tanks (usually Leopard 2A7 or Leopard 2A6)

basicaly the name of the armor modules, PSO is the extra site armor while WAR propably describes the extra hull armor

Thank you ^^

doesn’t PSO stand for peace support operation?
i think you are talking about the slat armor the 2A7+ has that the 2A7V is only prepared for but does not yet have.

i realy fear rank 8 grounds, knowing gajin it end up with germany getting a non upgraded leo 2a7, while hungary gets leo 2a7hu, sweden gets norwegian leo2a7no. Best case germany gets 2 leopards like usa got 2 f16s since the 2 already named leo version are 2a7+ equivalents and germany should get one together with the others + the 2a7v

yeah but that is what the thick armor on the sites for anti he purposes basicaly gets called as well

i’ve never seen it get called PSO. where have you seen that?

i remember it quite clearly from the italiens crying about the Ariete version which basicaly are the same add ons
Ariete PSO, side kits with extra he protection

Aroete AMV with war kit, icnreased frontal UFP armor

italiens were realy salty that they didnt just get a tank with both kits equipped lol

again, i think you are mixing up the term PSO that stands for “peace support operation” with the modification slat armor.
PSO is a variant of a tank designed for peace keeping missions in other countries. its a modification that can include slat armor but does not have to.
slat armor is the specific piece of armor added externally to a tank to improve protection.

Lobitz in Leopard 2 Gesamtwerk mentioned L55A1 in the case of STRV 123A/B (aka Leopard 2A7S)

the strv123a/b doesnt exist yet, so you cant take anything for full until further offical claims

I know, but I don’t see the point of installing L55 instead of L55A1.

military/goverment being stupid like so often and possible costs

This happens sometimes, but I would expect an L55A1. Anyway, time will tell when more information will come out.

Could you send the source for that? :)