Steam War Thunder but I want to login my Gaijin account

Hello.
I moved War Thunder to steam library, but the game launches with Steam account with 0 lv without any other options. What do I have to do?

I did this like 4 years ago so bear with me, but i think i had to use the actual warthunder launcher and then sign into a steam account there. but i think there is now a feature to link steam and gajin accounts?

You’ll likely need to contact support to get the new account you’ve created on your steam account cleared out, so you can link your gaijin account to your steam account.

No idea really though as the support page says it doesn’t happen, but I have no idea on whether this link is even accurate considering the other games on there mentioning how to link steam accounts to existing gaijin accounts

And the fact that I have mine linked to my steam account from long ago.

I’m calling bullshit on you can’t link your steam to your gaijin account because I had a gaijin account then I moved to it to stream no problem before but when u tried it again on a new pc it didn’t work

You can call it whatever you like, it doesn’t change the fact that things have obviously changed.

Hell, I even said that I had my gaijin account linked to my steam account, and linked to the article saying it doesn’t happen anymore.

wait i have been re-installing war thunder via steam instead from there website to i get to use my gaijin account?

I found a way. When you start war thunder via steam you automaticly log in via steam acc, to bypass that you go to gajin website , log in using steam acc and delete gajin account linked to steam. Then you start war thunder an it will hit you with error that your accout has been deleted. Press try again and it will show you log in screen. Log in using your gajin account.

5 Likes

This fixed it for me. Thanks so much!!