Spezialbombe 2500 (SB 2500 A1 and SB 2500)

SB 2500 bombs (Spezialbombes) was a luftmine (aerial mines) used by the Luftwaffe during World War II. The SB series of bombs were high-capacity bombs intended to create the largest lateral blast effect, in contrast to most other German bombs, which were armor-piercing, cluster bombs, fragmentation or incendiaries. Since the SB series was not designed to pierce armor or to create fragments, the casings were very light and the ratio of charge to weight was high.

There are two types the SB 2500 A1 and the smaller version the SB 2500 :

a) SB 2500 A1 :

Total length : 3895 mm

Diameter : 825 mm

Total wait : 2500 kg (±70kg)

Filling weight 2000 kg

Filling type : Trialen 105

b) SB2500 :

Total length : 3693 mm

Diameter : 785 mm

Total weight : 2500 kg (±70 kg)

Filling weight : 1710 kg

Filling type : Trialen 105

Pictures and illustrations :

Spoiler

Translated version :

Other pictures :

0wfA9jE
P36w47Y
6AYaOyi
LfGPv3l

SB 2500 bombs are similar in weight and slightly similar in dimensions compared to SC2500 therefore they can be carried by the aircrafts listed below :

1-He 111 H-6

Spoiler

Can carry one bomb externally.
CsNGyBR
z3hwC14
7BIcv5h
s1S9uC1

2-He 111 H-16

Spoiler

Can carry one bomb externally.

3-Me 264 V3

Spoiler

Can carry two bombs internally.

4-All Do 217 variants

Spoiler

Can carry one bomb internally.
VbzAn6F
download

5-He 177 A-5

Spoiler

Can carry two bombs internally or two bombs extremely one under reach wing rack.

6-Ju 288 C-1

Spoiler

Can carry two bombs internally.

EBo7EtY_d

7-Do 317

Spoiler

Dornier Do 317 B

Sources:

Spoiler

German explosive ordnance volume 1.

Munitions-Lexikon Band 3.

L.Dv. 4200; Die deutsche Abwurfmunition, Serie B, Blatt 1: SB 2500 (Stand: April 1943)

Luftwaffe Resource Center - Drop Ordnance - A Warbirds Resource Group Site

Lexikon der Wehrmacht - Bomben

LuftArchiv.de - Das Archiv der Deutschen Luftwaffe

Ofc this topic wouldn’t be created and wouldn’t even represented here without the legendary work of Chomusuke1

1 Like

I had to do a double take with that photo because I thought that rubber band ring/bracelet was part of a photo for a second 😂

Anyways back on topic. So these just basically had a larger blast radius?

Same ngl i never actually see it in the first time XD.

They are basically a SC 2500 but with thin walls instead of focusing on shrapnels they are dependant on the explosion blast and pressure to cause distraction.

The SB 2500 A1 will have bigger blast radius since it have almost 2000 kg of filling compared to SC 2500 1700 kg.

the smaller version the SB 2500 have 1710 kg of filling compared to SC 2500 so it will have the same blast radius only advantage being smaller in size so it’s cause less drag and it can be easy to transport.

1 Like

Lol

Ohh okay.

Thanks for clarifying that too. That would have been my next question.

Overall I’d recommend making a suggestion for this. If I remember right bombs kill tanks thanks to shockwaves/explosive mass not shrapnel. So it could kinda act as the German version of the Fab-5000

Well i tried but it got rejected bc of plagiarism and basic writing. Although i made a bug report about it so maybe there is hope.
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/18jyQu7rIh0r

Oh… I’m sorry

Maybe

It’s fine sometimes things just don’t work, plus there is alot of german suggestions so i am still satisfied that there is alot of things to be added in the future. Btw talking about big bombs the US still never received their pumpkin bomb.

1 Like

Ight

Huh?

If this got added i will be grinding the B-29 just to get it

2 Likes

Lmao same

Don’t forget German bombs can be buffed although my bug report failed but this is still an option.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/rKy9tyRE481C