[Special] St. George’s Day: England’s Flag Temporarily Returns!

Happy St. George’s Day!

On 23rd April, England observes St George’s Day. On this day, parades, festivals and dances occur in the country. For it, we’re temporarily bringing back the English flag decal.

The “England” flag decal is available to purchase for Golden Eagles!

This flag is available for 500 Golden Eagles.

When: From April 23rd (12:00 GMT) until April 26th (07:00 GMT).

Where: You can find this decal by going to Nickname → Decals → Common → World Flags.

“England” flag decal

6 Likes

What are the rules for what flags are allowed in War Thunder? I would love to see an EU flag one day in game. I would GE it for sure.

3 Likes

Camon Ingerland CAMON!

7 Likes

Oh the things I would do for a NATO flag…

5 Likes

Soviet and Warsaw pact flag would be so popular.

3 Likes

I feel ya, I feel like the stance of Gaijin, might be that EU/NATO flags would be “too political”. Which in my honest opinion is a bit weak. The EU flag is a representation of an international organization based on the economic unity of the 27 member states. Whereas NATO of course is a defence treaty organization.

I don’t know. But I would get both for sure. Be it 200/500 GE.

3 Likes

100%, would love to have em in game!

1 Like

whenever you want you add a soviet flag, it’s missing from the start. I would love to see a third reich flag, for historical reasons, but there would be too much abuse, and it’s not allowed in several countries.

2 Likes

and the 1933-1945 german flag, oh wait gaijin is allergic to swastikas, not even on the tail of warbirds or on their medals

1 Like

For good reason. Everyone should be allergic to Swastikas.

3 Likes

If you purchased the german premium destroyer “Carl Galster” some years ago, you also got a censored 3rd reich flag decal.

It’s the flag on the stern in this image, able to be placed on any vehicle type.

It’s no longer possible to get it, but you can roughly recreate it using the “red square” decal in Italy (tanks) and the “Balkenkreuz” from roundels.

3 Likes

Damn buddhists.

2 Likes

Yep, in CIS SU flag is a common request, as well as St. Andrew’s flag.

1 Like

Is there an official reasoning in CIS, as to why they won’t add the SU flag? Also is the St Andrews flag you mean, the White and blue naval flag?

Finally, I can complete my Britain collection

2 Likes

Iirc it’s because this flag is prohibited in some European countries (hammer and sickle in general), at least I remember someone from Gaijin team explained it this way, though most likely I’m wrong since it’s represented as a nation flag without any problems.
At least there is a Victory flag in the game, which looks similar.

Yep, it’s Russian Navy flag.

2 Likes

Ah thank makes sense. Thank you for replying :))

1 Like