Siam-Thailand Lineups For Japanese Tech Tree

5 Likes

Thailand is just collecting every COIN aircraft there is huh lol, anyways I just keep on suggesting SEA vehicles so people could see that if Thailand is indeed chosen as the official subtree for Japan, it has a ton of opportunities beyond it so I dont really expect to see non Thai vehicles before the subtree is really complete.

However what I think with the Philippines is that it formed the backbone with Thailand with the formation of SEATO which was a proper military alliance (unlike ASEAN (not saying that ASEAN has no place but SEATO should take precedence)) so there is precedence to add it together with Thailand. It doesnt have a lot of vehicles anyways so it could just be put in the back burner so we could have more Thai operated vehicles as part of the main tech tree rather than just being premiums.

3 Likes

Doing God’s work my man, thank you. Any chance you would suggest the First Win II? Its just a 7.62 minigun so its probably too weak?

Also that Type 76 SPAAG. Surprised that one doesnt have a suggestion still.

5 Likes

Its probly too weak, even in 1.0 there is better stuff unfortunately.

I might consider suggesting it, but I already have three more in the works.

Anyone is welcome to suggest Thai stuff of course, I don’t have to be the only one doing it XD

4 Likes

While the M134 might be just a bit too weak, there is a variant armed with Starstreak missiles that might be a better fit for the game.

Spoiler

Chaiseri APC (Starstreak)

4 Likes

I know it’s a lil off topic, but I’ve made a suggestion for the Malaysian T-84 Oplot variant that was sent as a tender to Malaysia, and since the Thai sub tree might end up being a “southeast Asia” tree, I felt it appropriate to bring up here. Plus it could compliment the Thai T-84

9 Likes

A good sidegrade for the T-84 Oplot, definite +1!

2 Likes

image-25
Hmmmmmm

7 Likes

Yeh with the sheer amount of thai stuff being passed… its rather unlikely that a sub tree isnt in the minds of gaijingles

It seems like the possibility is getting bigger and bigger. But I don’t want to get my hope up because everything is subject to change

1 Like

We all know.

Spoiler

Getting passed give you like a 50% chance of getting added, a d tbh I think a lot of vehicles that were passed have been forgotten because the Meta has left them in the dust.

Considering how Gajjin passed all of the Thai sub trees for Japan, and then added a Thai F-5, and now passed the Thai T-84, personally I take that as a sign.

7 Likes

Thailand AU-23 with 20mm XM-197 cannon mounted on the left side + 4xrocket pods

This one got modernized with Thermal camera, mainly to detect forest fire, not sure if it can use in combat.

video
Facebook

6 Likes

HAPPY ROYAL THAI AIR FORCE DAY! APRIL, 9th

On this day, 2480 BE (1937 CE), Royal Aeronautical Service of the Army was elevated and separated into its own branch, Royal Siamese Air Force, which later became Royal Thai Air Force after Siam became Thailand in the year 1939.

9 Likes

Unrelated to WT but another banger from King Rama V.

This is a Thai Type 66 Mauser Style Rifle - manufactured by the Koishikawa Arsenal. I say Mauser-Style Rifle but it also incorporated design elements from the Arisaka Type 38 Rifle which was being worked on the same factory.

3 Likes

I wonder how the recoil is on such a light airframe damn and on the side no less!

I hope that War Thunder could celebrate the Royal Thai Air Force Day in the future and give us some unique decals. (Like they did Finnish Air Force Day)

P.S. Airforce guys riding on C-130 lol

4 Likes

This is one of the aircraft that Thailand has been using for a very long time because it is used in COIN and other multi-purpose work.

AU-23 Peacemaker from 501 Squadron, Wing 5, Prachuap Khiri Khan. with a mission to fly and release smoke in the colors of the national flag At the Air Force National Children’s Day 2024

Made me think about what it would be like if I put a COIN airplane in the Helicopter Tree. Because COIN aircraft have low loitering speed, long endurance, simplicity in maintenance, and the capability to perform short or vertical take-offs and landings from makeshift and roughly constructed runways. which is similar to helicopters as well.

3 Likes

In Thailand we have a model Type 45,46,47,66,83 And the last model is the 91 (before the number 8 came along, which means US weapons). If you’re interested, I’ll write a story about firearms (in case you want to post in Enlisted LoL).

1 Like

Damn I never knew about this aircraft, and Thailand adopted more units than the US. Its like a Spooky on a Cessna lol. Even the proposal for this aircraft in the US tree had more Thai photos than US ones.

Speaking of the AC-47 Spooky, the RTAF supposedly had their own version of the AC-47 Gunship with 2 .50 cals and a 20mm Minigun.

Information is scarce on this one though, from what I can see they only converted about 3 of these to special gunship types and one of those is a former RVAN aircraft if Im correct.

1 Like