Should the F20 get aim120s

From the other thread

This is enough for other aircraft gaijin has made, if its not for the F-20 as well, then said other aircraft should not have their ordinance.

Either everyone has access to planned equipment or nobody does, there is no in-between.

1 Like

What haha?

There are literally pictures of the F-20 with first gen AIM-120. What are you talking about?

1 Like

There’s an issue, these weapons aren’t mentioned in the aircrafts manual as far as I’m aware, as for the planned stuff, my guess is that you’re talking about the Yak-141, this wouldn’t be the same case.

If the Yak-141 gets R-77, then the F-20 absolutely deserves Aim-120A. I doubt gaijin really wants their top paying premium players to suffer in an ARH meta with only semi-actives to protect themselves…

1 Like

it was a mockup not real missile

1 Like

not first gen aim-120 but its mockup

1 Like

also if we really want to go this way f-20 was unable to use aim 7’s and 9l’s only 9j/p

What do you mean “F-20 was unable to use AIM-7”? This is straight up false.

Here’s a picture of the F-20 firing an AIM-7F Sparrow:

As for AIM-9:s however, it seems it was indeed only ever tested with AIM-9J.

3 Likes

Yes and?

I take it you have not read anything I’ve actually posted up to this point.

Yeah, if it was historical, so I say yes, but the people who want “balance” or it to be at a less competitive BR where it’s just better, would say no.

And, the YAK-141 was never fielded, which is fine, but it’s “what if” armament is what throws me off about it. The F-20 could use AMRAAMs, the YaK-141 didn’t even have a gun, let alone missiles.

This is an objectively gray area. But the fact is, the YaK-141 was developed in 1975, and the R-77R didn’t even see service untill 1990, and developed in the 1980s.

1 Like

The F-20 couldn’t use AMRAAMs, they were planned, but that’s it.
Also a 13.0 F-20 wouldn’t be fun.

Then that’s fine.

I mean, you could say the same for the Yak141s IRST. It was planned and ready, but never got implemented. And yet, it’s present on the in game model.

IRL

In game

There’s got to be more consistency with how vehicles are implemented. If it could have it, it should have it.

2 Likes

That’s consistent.
IRST doesn’t increase lethality of Yak-141 either.
It’s there for variety.
I don’t want a 13.0 F-20.

1 Like

So I would like to point out that although the F-20 program did stop and document showed the AIM-120 was a priority for development some F-5s were later produced with the “Shark Nose” (the F-20’s nose and radar package) and are able to carry the AIM-120 and could be theorized it could have had the ability to operate them. However its unknown because the missile was also still in development at the time and probably why they never were actually tested with live missiles. I’m decently ok with getting the jet either way, would love for 120s but will settle for the 7m, it will be outclassed in every way but just happy to see it be represented in WT and for the most part this is me just talking i don’t know if the shark nosed F-5s had better radars then the planned F-20s or what other upgrades were preformed

1 Like

Its completely irrelevant.

Its not in the game you dum dum

So how hard do you guys think the F-20 buyers are going to die at the start of this patch given it is arguably a flat out worse F-4S at a higher br?

It’s much better than the F-4S, it’s an F-16 with 80% of the capabilities (should have a lower BR imo as well unless spamraams)