Shenyang J-11, J-16, J-15, History, Performance & Discussion

PL12 diameter 203mm

right, r-77 is 200, I thought itโ€™s same as aim120

Iโ€™m really exicted not to play China! The J-8F might end up being better than the J-11A at this point lmao.

7 Likes

Now i wonโ€™t say that youโ€™re wrongโ€ฆ but look at the positives, we have 30/35ish more countermeasures compared to the Su-27SM (as of now) and we got MAW.

maybe we can get gaijin to change the j-11a to a b model cause right now there is no reason to go for it over the su27sm

1. Never gonna happen.
  2. The reason to go for it is because its Chinese, and because you play China and more planes will be added after it.
5 Likes

A little off topic but does anyone know if j8f received irccm on its pl8โ€™s (pl8a/b)? F4F ICE got its aim9L/i. If not j8 is going to have a painfully inconsistent loadout at a high br where virtually everyone else has irccm capable missiles. Edit: I checked, it doesntโ€ฆ sigh

PL-8A is a domestically produced and unmodified version in China, while PL-8B is a modified version of the Chinese seeker (the PL-8A infrared seeker cover is made of glass, while PL-8B is made of non transparent material, which is the same as the exported PL-9C. So the two may have used similar guidance heads, with the addition of a new DMP chip storage algorithm in the PL-8B projectile body and the replacement of radio fuses with laser proximity fuses to improve hit accuracy.The PL-8b has upgraded its four element guidance head with electronic interference countermeasures, which can resist thermal flares and infrared interference (key points). At the same time, the engine has made the following adjustments - the total thrust has increased to 120kn, the average thrust of the two-stage engine has decreased, and the combustion time of each power stage has been increased (2.7+2.9), which is twice the original Thunderbolt 8๏ผ‰

2 Likes

PL-8: original Israeli imported version, receive PL- name cause considering Sino-Arabic relation
PL-8A: China production version without modify
PL-8B: China upgraded version with IRCCM

As it stands in the late dev server, j8f is the only 12.3 to not have irccm fox2โ€™s. The early f15s are all at the same br with a vastly superior flight model and aim9m/aam3โ€™s.

4 Likes

hi, do you have enough information to make a suggestion or issue? I think itโ€™s better to submit a issue, like f-4f, to get j-8f buffed

There are too few public materials that can be submitted, so I will try to integrate them as much as possible

1 Like

the main aim is to add a irccm missile, so it donโ€™t need to be so detailed I think, just post something and let gaijin know it needs a new missile.

No, as the PL8B is one of the main weapons in service, there are too few reports on it in both magazines and copywriting

only some proof of this would be enough I think

J-7G can take the place of J-8F. It should be fine at 11.7

Are you sure about that? I think I saw somewhere that it had 2 element seeker

Itโ€™s PL-8A I think

2 Likes

Yeah one key point in my opinion is getting an IRCCM indigenous missile for China, I think itโ€™s about time.

2 Likes

Hereโ€™s one source.

If anyone has one of Andreas Rupprecht books, Iโ€™m sure he has information on the missile.

2 Likes