Shenyang J-11, J-16, J-15, History, Performance & Discussion

they have 360 RWR coverage. Do you mean spherical coverage?

well yeah elevation not azimuth

1 Like

it would only be ±90° in elevation for full spherical

For this to happen, evidence must emerge

Honestly, I don’t understand why China is so reluctant to reveal the specifications of the J-10C. The aircraft is actively being exported, and the J-10 has long since ceased to form the backbone of the PLAAF

3 Likes

Prolly since it was still in production since recently and received some changes like formation lights.

But fr we got more i fo on other inservice aircraft that are newer (not from china)

Or the info simply doesnt make it to the western internet

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/2kdBibbXN59G

Screenshot 2026-09-27 103533
I had someone ask why the J15T can’t carry a PL12 under that hardpoint under the flaperon, I told him it’s because it’ll hit the PL12 and he went “why not just mount it lower”, I actually do wonder why can that hardpoint suspend a 250kg there that far down but not a PL-12

1 Like

gaiijin says no. i saw a report with a similar argument, sadly, it was denied.

1 Like

Yeah no I wasn’t asking for more missiles there, just curious about it IRL

it doesnt need one, PLAAF can operate shit ton of aircrafts they dont need every aircraft to be a missile bus, J-16 getting shot down with 6x PL-15 will always be cheaper than J-16 getting shot down with 10x PL-15

So the issue (if we can all it that) comes from doctrinal rather than mechanical/physical possibility.
Still, for the sake of the argument (for the video game) the absolute maximum possible loadout would be nice to know

1 Like

I really wish we got another skin for the j16 the darker version. We have the lighter grey shade in game (the last pic)


5 Likes

its just lighting

uh sure… both daylight pics btw, even the nose is different color slightly


they even have these that are different color, I know im not crazy they r just a little hard to spot.

1 Like

Anyways I dont wanna flood cause you probably get the point now but you should see now there r infact different shades for sure.


IMG_7779

6 Likes

ah i see now ok

CM-102 clipping into the J-15 landing gear
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/KieXQeVMkiBq


image

1 Like

can we remove the entire missile

Nope best we can do is get rid of the wheel as clearly this is an issue with the plane having a wheel its not supposed to and not gajin modeling something wrong.

i just genuinely hate the CM-102