Shenyang J-11, J-16, J-15, History, Performance & Discussion

But J-11A armed domestic chinese Air-to-Air Missile ?

That means J-11A MLU armed Air-to-Air Missile russian export

Sorry, I don’t quite understand you but any and all J-11A variants are capable of using PL-12 missiles and PL-8/9.

But I don’t know this year gajin give Shenyang J-11A with domestic chinese or russian Air-to-Air Missile

Of course, attention to the different lengths of the ARH missile.

总结

So we know that gaijin offer SU-27SM with R77 for RU TT, CN TT can get what plane to carry ARH missiles.
Best: a new J-11B / PL-12 /PD radar 1493.
Normal: a new J-11A /R-77 or PL-12 / N001
Crash: J-8F/ PL-12 / 1492 no TWS

2 Likes

It should get it unless Gaijin is going to play stupid as usual.

Most unlikely since we all know how hard gaijin is trying to make players to stay playing the game.

1 Like

It seems now these missile with yellow/orange rings painted are not PL-12 but РВВ-АЕ (i.e. R-77) training missiles.

Shenyang J-11A armed active radar homing MRAAM RVV-AE (R-77 export) or PL-12 in PLAAF service ?

j-11a is domestic produced su-27sk, and these are unofficily called J-11A mlu, they upgrated arh ability and electronic equipments

Even if it’s not PL-12, it can’t be interpreted as R-77, a significant difference in length.

总结

R77

unkown missile

We were all misled by the vanishing wings, it a training missile of R-27ER.
But I am look forward to the J-11B and not another J11A

Clearer picture shows that P-27ЭP is vaguely written on it.

http://eng.chinamil.com.cn/MEDIA/PhotosChina/_attachment/2018/07/16/8090660_164a1d323db80906600491.jpg

This is clearly R77. You can see its grid fins.

This is to compare the lengths of the two missiles

It is possible the training missile can simulate multiple models and the dimensions are only large enough to fit electronic equipment. The shape is irrelevant.

It does not indicate there are a specific type of missile and certainly not a “new” type of missile.

Does anyone know what type of Air to Surface missile the J-11A MLU could carry?

There seems to be a decent variety. Would put it on par with current top of the line CAS I think… Maybe I’m wrong.

I have a hard time identifying specific J-11 variants, however I’ve seen what appears to be older models equipping laser guided bombs.

I believe you may be correct, found some images stating the J-11A MLU could carry both the KAB-500Kr and Kh-29T making it comparable to the MiG-29SMT.

Hopefully we get this over the base J-11A seen in most leaks, it would make it a comparable fighter to the SU-27SM.

2 Likes

Yes at the very least it can mount laser guided bombs and possibly Kh-29T, I am uncertain the total amount of them or the sizes of LGB.

The thing is, does J-11A MLU use pods?
China has many pods, but not sure MLU can use, but if LGB is real, there should be a pod