Shenyang J-11, J-16, J-15, History, Performance & Discussion

surprise surprise

and with every bit of information that gaijin have access, they still chose to use the J11A with 1 max guidance for fox3, analog rwr with no identification, same radar as the normal J11… cockpit???
after 1256 kills in sim with the J11 and alot of struggle to make it usable against any other top tier jet in the last update, this J11A is just a joke.

3 Likes

the j11a needs to be changed to the B model. If multipath was at 100m this would still be somewhat viable

even if they do change that, can we really see it happening fast?

Dual guidance is N001VEP feature, not N001V(E?)

If your primary source is this image, why Gripen have only 2 DLs instead of 4?

1 Like

This picture says Grippen has 2 datalink but could perform 4 targets attack.

1 Like

There is internal report on this. Blue Vixen radar on which PS-05 is based has 4 data link channel.

The claim in the report was that the radar of J-11A has upgraded to N001VE and it have two data link channel.

And according to Chinese sources, the J-11A was upgraded from the Belarus 558 ARZ, based on N001, with only the FCS upgraded for using the R-77. That is, they only have one data link channel and it is correct to keep the previous N001.

What do you mean by revert, did it have more?

Well, even if J-11A got N001VE, it shouldn’t get two dl channels.

But Northwest Poly-technology university has nothing to do with the J11 series, they are a major university with leading equipment, but as far as I am aware, they are not involved in the modification of J11 radars. The work is done by 沈飞 alone, so their data should not be seen as primary but rather secondary. On top of that, is it possible for J11A to have undergone multiple upgrades, which might include a radar upgrade cause I have seen weird J11As with a different nose.

1 Like

Of course, this has already been confirmed by the PPT about the Falcon Strike 2015 training. They only have one data link channel

I said Northwestern Polytechnical University is where PLAAF Senior Colonel Li Chunghua presented the PPT, not that they made any upgrades. Read it again.

J-11A is upgraded by Belarus 558 ARZ.

it had 126 at a certain point in the dev server, same with the su27sm.

@_David_Bowie Sorry for bothering but just for clarity purposes, since its best to lose a little time now and avoid massive issues of plenty of bug reports being denied. Is this (Check the reply) one of the sources we can confidently use? or does it fall under the “encyclopedia” issue?

1 Like

Considering there’s some sources said domestic produced Su-27 is called J-11A, could the version in game be called “J-11A 558 ARZ”(like Su-25BM 558 ARZ in game) or “J-11A Gai” to distinguish from the original J-11A?

Encyclopedia they mean a book that briefly covers the aircraft of several countries, without focusing on a single country or a single aircraft.

This is not a meaningful source.

1 Like

Name remain the same unless there is a separate source that mentions the exact name.

Not in game, just i wonder how will you name the non-upgraded J-11A, like Tornado F.3 Late and Tornado F.3