Shenyang DF-107A "East Wind"

Its not related to J8

Plane didn’t reach prototype stage. -1

4 Likes

Yet a mock up exists, same as multiple vehicles in game.

2 Likes

That’s not a excuse. Plane wasn’t test flown so we don’t have stats for it

A few planes in game never flew, but if you have the weight, you can calculate the rest.

Not really

The Japanese R2Y2s didn’t even exist, much less test-flown.

1 Like

R2Y2 is scheduled to be removed from the game. China still has a lot of jets to add so this plane isn’t really needed

3 Likes

It’s a unqiue jet that china actually developed themselves so

There are many jets China developed themselves. To be fair this ones development wasn’t finished.

1 Like

While i do agree with some of your points, gaijin does allow mock ups to be added in game, I’d rather us end this argument so lets agree to disagree.

Since when they allow mock-ups? I know they allow Unfinished vehicles but not mock-ups

Vehicle was fully constructed but never received the planned engine, so it does qualify.

it may or may not be true but it was also stated that the plane did fly with RD-95 Engines. (although flight data not known)

1 Like

if there is proof that Dongfeng 107 was test flown with RD-95 engines then sure we can see a Dongfeng 107 with RD-95 in game.

+1. It looks like a fat MiG 23.

+1, I’ve never heard of this one, and China desperately needs more unique aircraft

The dongfeng projects is a interesting point in history, the dongfeng 107 did get physically produced beyond quite a few examples that are currently in war thunder and are obtainable. Ho ri never was even built or had a prototype, so in game the tank having both the (production) and (prototype) moniker is really funny. So is ostwind 2, which most historians come to the conclusion is fake. RN Commandanti Margottini was never finished along with its entire class despite the in game portrayal having the “completed” version of it. R2y2 is entirely fake, with only the V1 being closest to a real airframe.

These vehicles shouldn’t be rejected or removed in my opinion because it’s literally just a game, why you have to be so mad? I don’t believe any other dongfeng prototype projects (104, 107,109,113) actually got prototypes constructed unlike the 107, so I believe personally that the 107 is something I am ok with if it’s in the game.

2 Likes

I was literally asking a question? You don’t seem to understand. This suggestion is for the version of Dong Feng 107 that wasn’t made. From what I understand only the one with RD-95 engines was made.

I’d lean toward implementing the RD-95 version that actually flew. In addition to it having flown, it should be easier to balance due to not having such a disparity between flight performance and its primitive missiles (beam-riders are funny but they won’t be very competitive).

1 Like

I agree.