Shall I wait for discounts?

Hello, I just bought some new premium tanks
And I have 5k gold
Shall I buy camo’s and camo nets right now?they cost 200 and 500 gold each

or shall I wait for discounts?Do discounts for these even exist in the first place?

1 Like

They do not go on discounts. As if you buy them. If you can grind them then no. If you cant gind them then do whatever you want. Your money. It is not something like a vehicle that we can give pros cons and tell you worth it or no. Cosmetics ar up to your preferences.

1 Like

I would say to a newbie don’t buy anything. Camo you will get for free. Gaijin rely on the impatient to make money. That’s me by the way.

It can take a while to finally find what is important in this game. If you have to spend then get crew skills, they will never be a waste so long as Gaijin don’t scrap them but be warned, Gaijin can scrap anything at any time including the game and you want to spend money on it? .

3 Likes

Also you need to plan out beforehand what crew slot you will use for what. You cant move crew slots around, so if you decide to dedicated a crew for a tank, and then you put a plane on it it will be a fresh crew with no skills. Sure all crews can be trained in all types of vehicles, but it take enormous amount of time.

1 Like

Spending GE on crew skills are the greatest utility in the game.

1 Like

The best thing you can spend ge on is premium time on 50%

2 Likes

Crew skills are permanent, premium time expires.

1 Like

What I spent GE on as a newbie or even at 3K games and what I might spend money on now are two totally different things.

Imagine spending 600 GE on camo for a 2BR tank only to wizz on up to 3 or 4 BR and never use that tank again ? but that is what happens. So many of us do it. We feel as newer players that WT is a realistic game and want the correct decals ,bushes, Camos ,then we realize its a just a farce in terms of immersion when all the eras merge at 5-6 BR and many ditch everything or just paste their tanks with pictures of chicks or silly cartoons(guilty)

Like you say, OP should watch a crew skill video or dig into the area a little.

Like you say, no disrespect to the OP but he is me three years ago. You need to read up, watch videos or just ask on here. I started playing Planes now I never play them, just saying, it’s all GRB for me.

2 Likes

Both really .Cosmetics ,no .

1 Like

Good point, but premium time speeds up you research
(including crew skills) and sł gain. Well, i deem the prem time the best way to spend ge

2 Likes

Yea, sadly WT is a very complex game, that does a very poor job at explaining itself. As a new player you can either play casually and not care about anything, or you want to learn more about the game and you spend at least 30h reading internet tutorials, watching videos and asking vets what to do, why and when, at every stage of the game. Low tier, ww2, cold war and modern things. They all have quirks that need to be lerned to do well in them. And when you decide to buy a top tier plane/tank. Lord have mercy.

1 Like

How about getting discord, getting headphones and joining a squad? Like free War Thunder lessons right there. Nearly all the leader board leaders are in squads, must be like joining Warthunder college.

1 Like

It’s dumb. You get them for free by just playing.
You’ll go a long way with a little patience.

1 Like

While I would agree with you in general, we are likely dealing with a person that bought top tier premiums with green crews. No expert option! I am not sure if this is such a good idea really.

I was asking about buying those large camo nets ,those bushes, i dont know what they are called

Dont agree. You can get to expert rather quickly for free…and the difference to Ace is hardly worth real money IMHO. (And you can even ace for free…but it takes much much longer)

I would buy good premium vehicles or premium time. Vehicles are also permanent…and some premiums are lots of fun. If you have time to play, premium time can accelerate progress…but it does end.

I think the person was refering to buying crew XP and spending it on skills

Same thing…you can get adequate skills for free…and Expert makes a bigger influence anyway. A free player with a year of playing should have adequate crews so that player skill is MUCH more important than crew skills…
I never saw any point on using money to improve crews…most of my deaths or failed kills are not due to differences in crews…at least not evidently so…

3 Likes