Seriously? All 120mm M1 get 5s reload time

And yet videos exist of loaders reloading a 120mm sustained in about 5 seconds or less, posted in this very topic. So? Okay, I guess? Good loaders exist, average loaders exist. Excellent loaders can and will reload a 120mm in about 5 seconds during sustained fire. Sometimes a bit slower, sometimes a bit faster.

I served alongside these people during my time and this argument of loader fatigue is a fat myth. Moving an object from right to left ISN’T a tiring movement and loaders commonly train to deadlift heavier weight than your 120mm shell. The case could be made if they had to pick up the shell from the floor and carry it up to the breech but that simply isn’t the case.

Good for you.

3 Likes

Agreed.
I’m not sure why you’re mentioning this, but okay.

When the vehicle is completely stationary? Sure.

When the vehicle is moving at speed over terrain? Absolutely not.

left over casing

@Mytho61734

Top is Abrams, bottom is Leopard 2.

That’s the primer left over like i said the abrams casing burns away when fired on leaving the primer

That’s been a thing on both vehicles since their earliest interations… combustible casings are basically NATO standard.

i didn’t know that the leo had it too
i more used to British 3 piece which has no casing

I mean what I said about the stats going up once all the “spice of the month” players stop playing top tier still applies, and you also didn’t show data for other nations’ tanks.

Here’s some additional 3-4 second reload videos:

2 Likes

I’d very much like to see your stats backing this up, especially showing what nations were on your team versus the enemy team.

What happens to the casing?

If people want to consider loader fatigue then they should also consider the probability of a autoloader getting jammed or breaking down.

4 Likes

it burns away and the primer is the only thing left

1 Like

Autoloaders can shoot multiple thousands of rounds before being at risk of jamming, effectively zero chance of one breaking down in the timespan of a War Thunder match. Human loaders are incomparably worse in the measures of reliability or sustained firing. Human loading is highly variable and fatigue starts increasing from the first round shot.

1 Like

Fatigue isn’t that much of a factor. I mean its equivalent to moving around holding only a barbell, it’s not that hard.

If ‘fatigue’ is an added mechanic then the autoloaders should be modeled in game so that any damage to the ammo, the carousel around it, and the turret (generally) should stop the autoloader from working.

3 Likes

Except loading would still be possible with damaged autoloader as there is semi automatic procedure of loading and fully manual loading procedure aswell

which would increase the reloading rate. Because there is just 3 persons(soviet style autoloader)

My name here is obviously the same as my name in-game.
You can view my profile and check the relevant replays to see what nations I was teamed with. Not that it matters much because the M1A1 melts any vehicle of any nation in it’s current matchmaking.

The winrate of my M1A1 has gone up from 58% to 61% recently dispite already having had 450+ battles in it. You can also verify that my K/D ratio has been gradually increasing since the patch, especially with my latest sessions sitting on 13 - 1 K/D.

I’m not sure why the topic suddenly moved to loader fatigue when nobody talked about that.

Regardless, I don’t think there’s any autoloading systems at top-tier (for sure not the Soviet ones) that had any reliability issues.
U.S. autoloaders also performed tens of thousands of reload cycles in tests without failure.

Not really in semi automatic it wouldn’t increase by much and I’m manual reload it depends by crew

Ammo stowage is hard to reach in a soviet style auto loader but in other types of autoloader it isn’t a problem. So soviet style auto loader would see a increased reloading time.

in manual yes in semi automatic not really