Semovente da 47/32 su scafo L3, adapt, improve and make do

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • Maybe
  • No
0 voters

Semovente da 47/32 su scafo L3.

History.

The Royal Army, in an attempt to adapt the CV33 light tank to a role as a self-propelled anti-tank (just like the Panzerjager I) decided to create a vehicle based on an L3 hull and arm it with a 47/32 Cannon Mod. 1935. The vehicle was built and tested, and was tested both without and with the shielded gun. Unfortunately the hull was insufficient to withstand the recoil of the weapon, and the crew of two would not have had much protection against enemy fire, so the vehicle was shelved, but the basic idea was continued giving birth to the Semovente tank L40 47/32.

Armament and propulsion.

The tank was equipped with a 47/32 Mod. 1935 cannon, an averagely powerful anti-tank piece for when it was built. The gun could fire HE, AP, APBC, APHE, EP and EPS ammunition, which allowed the gun to be used both as accompanying artillery and for the anti-tank role. Unfortunately, over time the armor of the opposing vehicles became so thick that the cannon could do very little, but for the 1930s it was excellent.
In terms of propulsion, the tank was equipped with a FIAT-SPA CV3 water cooled engine
of 42 HP, which would have allowed the wagon to reach a maximum speed of 38 km/h on a straight, asphalted road.

Specifications.

Spoiler

Length: 3,66 m
Width: 1,41 m
Height: 1,31 m
Weight: 3.3 tons
Engine: FIAT-SPA CV3 4-cylinder water-cooled gasoline engine, 42 hp
Speed: 38 km/h
Crew: 2
Armor: 14-8 mm
Armament: 1x 47mm Cannone da 47/32 Mod. 1935 with 53 rounds
Gun translation: 30°
Gun elevation: -18°/+30°

Photos and drawnings.

Spoiler

Ammo rack:

Sources.

Spoiler

Carro L 6 – carri leggeri, semoventi e derivati – Analisi Difesa
Semovente da 47/32 (1941)
WWW.CORAZZATI.IT
L3/35 - Wikipedia
Kingdom of Italy (WW2) - Tank Encyclopedia
CV33 - Wikipedia
GLI AUTOVEICOLI DA COMBATTIMENTO DELL'ESERCITO ITALIANO VOL I by Biblioteca Militare - Issuu
https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/italy/semovente_da_47-32.php
Tank Archives: Semovente L40 da 47/32: Italy's Smallest SPG
La grande Biblioteca Militare del 900 I carri armati italiani | Italiano EDICOLA SHOP
Cannone da 47/32 Modello 1935 - Tank Encyclopedia
https://www.amazon.it/Levoluzione-controcarro-nellesercito-italiano-illustrata/dp/8875410593
Semovente da 47/32 su Scafo L3 - Tank Encyclopedia

6 Likes

+1

2 Likes

+1 looks funny and fun to play

2 Likes

+1 Of course

4 Likes

+1 Smaller=Better

2 Likes

Great gun, small size, L3-based? +1

2 Likes

I think this would even preform better than the 47/32 L40, +1

3 Likes

Better… the weapon can rotate more and stop.

2 Likes

Perfect for TopTier lineup +1

4 Likes

+1 perfect event or premium vehicle for 1.3 or 1.7, I’m all for another silly little Italian rat vehicle!

1 Like

As a fond main of italy, the legendary 47, on a tiny chassis based on the awesome l3, with -18 degrees of gun depression ,rattiest vehicle ever suggested imo, would like to have it +1

3 Likes

Crazy aaaaaaaah tank! +1

2 Likes

too cute not to be added +1

1 Like

And it would be an easy addition too!

+1 really want to see this vehicle added to War Thunder!

1 Like