SAAF JAS-39C Technical Data and Discussion

but is their any reports of it flying on 9 minuets of fuel

Spoiler

not quite sure if that should happen…

1 Like

The more Gripen gets adjusted the better it becomes.

İts getting weird tbh.

1 Like

1 Like

Well cant say im complaining that my tiny dorito doing supercruise casually :)

But if its wrong then it should be adjusted.

its almost certainly because of the drag being lowered

Edit* but then again in the limited data we do have all tests are done with 2x AAM and on 50% fuel not 25% fuel and 0 AAM so i can see it being possible

Fair enough.

İm pretty sure someone will come with proper explanation for this situation until then we have to wait.

4x FM’s later and its still clapping cheeks. I will say my favourite was the first one that you could stall and cobra while in mouse aim.

In terms of how competitive the FM is, number 4 is the best its been.

Also not totally out there that its super cruising;

9 Likes

Thanks for the information.

İ wasnt sure if it was accurate.

Btw, supercruise is not slightly above mach one, you need to cross it by quite a lot to be considered to supercruise and usually you need to carry weapons too. Many planes can do that even if armed and cross mach 1 slightly but they are not considered supercruise capable. Supercruise capable is like mach 1.3-1.5 with full AA load like EF2000 can do.

SARH missiles were not nerfed - we just removed unrealistic ability to kill slightly maneuvering (2-3 G) targets without guidance 3-5 seconds after track lose. IRL missile seekers are not perfect, and target parameters are measured with errors, autopilot and surface controls are not perfect as well. But in the game random effects are not applied to the missile physics to maintain 100% hit rate in good conditions, so we had to remove AMRAAM effect is such way.

12 Likes

The gripen feels much better when cruising around on military power. Before the patch i would go down to 700-800 kmh after even slow ans steady turns. Now it retains the energy much better.

1 Like

I feel like that’s accurate, when looking at airshows of the Gripen it’s pretty apparent how well it retains it’s Energy in turns, whereas if you look at an F16 or other similar aircraft they always look like they’re breaking/slowing down pretty hard in the same turns… Just my observation

1 Like

some one ain’t happy

2 Likes

So what’s next to resolve, my list to research and bug report are:

• radar issues (bugs and general performance)
  • cockpit is that of the A not the C
  • Missing radar gunsight?
  • missing centre line weapons loadout
  • BOL for Skyflash
  • wingtip BOL?
  • SAS mode still not using hard G limits?

I can’t think of any others at the moment.

? It has it. Both in 1st and 3rd person

I can’t select canon on air targets like you can in the tornado or phantom. So unless it’s automatic/default, I’m gunna assume it doesn’t. Though I also need to give it a proper test again perhaps

it is automatic, you just lock on thing and get close to it
Normal

Activated

@Morvran

Radar issues can be simply chalked up to
its literally not even using its own radar like the SU-27 they’re using (in the case of the SU-27 The MIG-29SMT radar) or in the case of the JAS-39A/C Gripen i believe the F16? radar

1 Like