SAAF JAS-39C Technical Data and Discussion

too op right now
and it is a beaut

1 Like

you can download it, its on wt live

1 Like

should have better wing loading AND better TWR

oh no way, really? thats so cool, thanks

Btw, i highly reccomend to add this to your skins. Its absolute banger.

1 Like

i already downloaded both of them lmao

Should the radar/missile hmd be off center?
Ok, i just got how to replicate this bug. Report time(well, i will make it tomorrow).

The FM nerfs are huge and immediately noticeable for any decent pilot.

What’s funny is now that the FM is underperforming gaijin will refuse to fix it for months until new meta jets get released.
Nerf = immediately actioned in a few hours to days
Buff = random excuse and left in purgatory until they feel like buffing the airframe

The worst part for me by far is the absolutely bricked nose authority and AOA at speed. The rate and oscillations/wobbling at low speed are one thing, but the plane flies on rails as you approach and exceed mach 1. With 20m fuel + missiles this is very noticeable, and with drop tank added the plane turns into a shitbrick. Nose authority at transonic speeds is roughly the same as a tornado ADV on min fuel.

Very little reason to take Gripen over F-16 now. Maybe we should’ve just left the flight model as it was for a while until gaijin is ready to implement working FCS systems?

It was overperforming in sustained turn rate, now it is not. What else is there to say?

1 Like

Uh, take 10 mins, when you get to bfm stuff close to end of match, barely any difference. Now it feels more like a plane. Was the nerf pretty big? Yes. Is it still probably best dogfighter due to its agility and ability to point nose wherever you want at lower speed? Also yes. Its just not as easy anymore, still really enjoyable and nice plane to fly. Most fun to fly out of all top tier jets also as it doesnt actually feel like a brick. Its pretty much better in every single thing than F16C if you count in average lower fuel state throughout the battle.

1 Like

Devs stated it would go to 20-21 deg/s sustained, and per your graphs it sits at rougly 19 deg/s, which is underperforming.

Beyond that, by making this change they hit the rest of the flight model too. Now the FM has british syndrome, i.e. it will remain janky as fuck until the next time gaijin remembers it exists.

It is 20-21 deg/s sustained at 50% fuel - as was tested. The chart shows 30 minutes internal fuel.
It wouldn’t make sense for them to go from 20-21 deg/s to 20-21 deg/s lol

His table was with full fuel load, iirc, their sustain is with 50% fuel. if we talk about this one.

Why do they do 50% fuel when that isn’t something you can select in game lol?

Welcome to R-73 life , 6/10 shots wobble losing speed , 1/10 spins 360*

MB but like I said the main issue is the nose authority. I shouldn’t have to take min fuel to get the nose to budge over 1100kph. The low speed performance is still mid now because of the oscillations and canards not working.

And you dont really want more AoA on it, otherwise it will bleed everything in one turn, is AoA underperforming now? Probably yes, is it bad? Not really. Only place where i would appreciate it is high speed for easier snap shots.

Devs say the canards are working as they should for a statically stable aircraft lol (It’s got a large margin of negative static stability irl…)

Because garbage R-60s and Aim-7E2 equivalent R-27R was definitely enough to fight 9L and 7F

Without drag nerfs and fins control nerf for sparrow, ER was fine. Funny how every missile took drag nerf and then they reduced drag on ER, isnt it… Now, ER is unblanced biased BS. On 29 it was bearable, only 2 best missiles with mediocre dogfight missiles ingame on one plane was fine. 6 best missiles with 4 best dogfight missiles in the game on one jet IS NOT FINE.
Flanker with that loudout should have came with AMRAAM and without ANY fox3 capability.