SAAF JAS-39C Technical Data and Discussion

I have one request. Could you in the future post links to your sources in your bug reports. Many of them have previously been attached and thus hidden from the community. The point of a public bug tracker is community involvement, and it helps all of us reach a good conclusion if the information argued from is public. Thanks!

Someone gets it

No

His meme is writing itself…

I am writing memes, yes

@Smin1080p @Gunjob
Can you guys deal with him please.

8 Likes

I’ll have a report out tonight I think they can help me take a look at those

I’ve got an open one still about the automatic airbrake above 35° AoA

2 Likes

I am starting to think he is a bot

370264920_765898278884172_3221612059831034025_n

I have previously given you the benefit of the doubt and treated you as a good faith actor when we’ve interacted. I’ve updated my impression now.

3 Likes

Honestly, iam starting to believe he works for some russian propaganda division to steer and misinform public. Russian trolls and propaganda accounts are on absolutely strange sites and places in europe, i wouldnt be surprised that in WT which is used as russian propaganda seeing performance of russian ground units, is place to employ them too.

1 Like

Occasionally he lets the mask slip, like just now, but he’s essentially just trolling I think.

He can go and do that on facebook or reddit, not forum.

Unfortunately they are subtle enough to avoid outright bans. Razorvon/Alvis is the other blatant one for me.

Indeed, I won’t be surprised if it’s true

To try and keep this thread semi-sane. This is not what they said though. In this report they stated that:

The developer has commented

“mouse aim doesn’t use limits for internal SCAS or FBW. It allow using max strength of aircraft.
hard g-limits were included to the SAS damper mode.”

This implies that SAS mode uses Hard G-Limits, which has been confirmed to be 12G.

So I Submitted this report

Which yielded a response of:

Developer answer:
Will be increased to 10G, we are using ~9-10G usually for SAS G-limiters, there is no reasons to pull higher than 7-9G in simulator mode.

Which is kinda random. Either it uses the Soft G-Limit or Hard G-limit. Not somewhere in the middle. I would accept “12G’s in SAS dampening would ruin the point of the mode.” this answer. If that was in anyway what the “devs” have stated. At which point, stating that Damping mode uses the “Soft” G-Limit of 9Gs would make more sense. It would be a little annoying, but I would accept that answer and move on. Instead they have confirmed that 2+2=4, but have decided that it 4 doesnt work for them so its actually 3.5

You can try to show the instant turn rate is underperforming or have a community pole to see if we can convince them to change it. I think it should be allowed to pull 12G if it could do so IRL.

1 Like

Which is precisely my point… Multiple soruces have confirmed that hard-G = 12G and Damping mode = Hard-G .

Just very very confused, which is why I brought it up in thread

My next best guess is that there is some game engine limitation in sim that would break if they let you go to 12g, and they are deeming it as too much effort to rewrite to be worth it for one minor nation jet.