SAAF JAS-39C Technical Data and Discussion

Decreased, currently does 2.10 easily clean

What do you think of the in-game RM12 doing 24,000 lb-f near mach 1.1

Interesting

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/IHX39MnphvmJ

2 Likes

I think that it matching F414 is incorrect.
I think ~19900lbf +/- 150 is likely accurate for the engine, could be more but unlikely.
And your bug report won’t impact its rate speed at lower speeds since static thrust would remain the same.

2 Likes

Good to see them seeing through his bullshit.

It isn’t meant to impact anything but thrust. If they think the sustained turns are correct they can adjust the oswald number and drag etc but the thrust / acceleration is clearly wrong. The Slovakian evaluation states 40s 0.8 to 1.1 mach acceleration and the in-game model accelerates in half that time regardless of altitude.

1 Like

It’s hard to know how accurate Gripen’s drag is in WT to the real thing, but the aircraft is tiny & of a very good design.
So it’s likely more accurate than not.
I need to look into F-18C & E rate speed at some point.

thrust more higher

Well, it appears it’s not as good as it’s made out to be according to the reports

did the A model actually ever have the countermeasure pods on its fuselage or was that an addition with the C model.

Because I cant seem to find any pictures with them.

The Gripen A in game is pretty much a C with Swedish weapons. It’s a bit of a Frankenstein of an aircraft.

2 Likes

Enough said.

Unless, of course, you can find a Saab Techie willing to turn traitor, lose his job, and break a couple of laws on secrecy to prove your “point”

3 Likes

Under what conditions?

Altitude
Throttle
Fuel
Armament

40 seconds to mach 1.1 is ridiculously slow, it sounds like this is dry thrust not reheat.

Sustained turn rate will be reduced to ~20-21deg/s for 700-900km/h corner at SL and 50% internal fuel.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/YKhI5oNKuwKG

3 Likes

Any ideas for a release time?

Probably Wednesday

1 Like

i love stuff getting witch hunted and getting MULTIPLE MAJOR nerfs ALL AT ONCE
ITS SO COOL ITS SO MUCH FUN

Not the nerf fearmongers were expecting.
Gripen goes from the best dogfighter to the best dogfighter. No real change. XD

@Tachikaze45154 That didn’t happen.
A top-speed thrust correction doesn’t impact Gripen negatively in air RB.
A sustained rate correction at higher speeds [not low speed] doesn’t negatively impact Gripen in air RB.

Gripen will still be among the fastest most survivable jet while retaining the best dogfighter title so far.

4 Likes

Better well have been lol

I’m not really sure what the Gripen is any good at other than raterateraterateraterate

I’m also still gonna be running min tank so makes no odds to me

How can you tell before we even see what the changes are like in live?