SAAF JAS-39C Technical Data and Discussion

Perfect thanks! Was looking at the comments of Oshida, missed this one =)

Why is it that some R-Darters have the extra fins behind the nose set and some don’t?

With fins are earlier iterations, without later

1 Like

Fireball’s report suggests that the ones without are equivalent to Derby ERs, do we know if that’s true? The latest changelog got me curious

2 Likes

Dont think so. It should be between Derby and Derby ER

But it is Gripen NG presentation.

2 Likes

Yeah that was answered that it was the NG, really they are missing the voice warning system. Guess the E which has it will be available for italy, germany, and sweden. Unless SA has plans to buy them.

Eh?

Swiss trialed the gripen C and E and the germans want it(check their wishlist). Also Brazil going to italy potentially gives them access to it.

There’s also a few places saying the Hungary is in talks to order the Gripen E as well. We’ll have to see how that goes but it could potentially be a much more secure connection for Italy to get the Gripen E than Brazil.

Honestly tbf sweden air is wrapping up to be one of the smallest air trees in game. Their isnt much left tbh outside of gaijin added trial vehicles which people will bitch about. I guess gaijin could add the D and F gripen but there isnt really a point. Imo, domt gwt me wrong i love two seater vehicles but i cant see them being added since they will just be worse then what we could get. I guess gaijin could add the gripen D to SAAF if they wanted to give them a gripen with Iris-T and leave the other gripen where it is currently.

Ixtav said South African JAS39 Gripen C limited 5th gen IR AAM IRIS-T only in real life ?

Which is true, its currently set up because britain needed a stop gap which is when they were asked about the Gripen C coming by the end of the year i was shocked it was only for britain.

Gainin wanted to add a less advanced model and the more advanced both of which still aren’t accurate. People complain about where the A sits rn and i sorta agree but literally where else should it have gone? The whole gripen situation will be one of gaijins bigger blunders to date. I assume gaijin probably will leave it as is for the SAAF gripen since EFT will probs be here at the end of the year and since their are more british players doing forum reports i doubt we will see any changes to it after the EFT arrives.

I find it funny that with only two sub nations we are able to get all 4 Eurocanards. The best one being a mainly British design.

1 Like

All 4?

Su-30 (MKI)
Gripen (C)
Rafale (C)
Typhoon (T.1, F.2 T.3, FGR.4)
Mirage 2000 (H, TH, I, TI)

U say

Isn’t part of Russia in Europe?

Delta Canard? Its got some strakes sure, but not canards.

3 Likes

Su-30 is produced in asian part