SAAF JAS-39C Technical Data and Discussion

Yea, so it is just a random chit-chat about a simulator of a plane. Or at least i hope it is

E is not a export variant. It is much more modern than A/C and has different wing surface for example.
I guess it was not a chit-chat then

1 Like

the E isnt an export model.
the E is the most modern variant of the Gripen and its reduced flight performance is most likely as a result of its increased weight due to more pylons and improved electronics.

More like a simulator that anyone can use and giving enemy spies free info is not the brightest of an idea

1 Like

I mean it doesn’t even look like hes moving the stick for 90% of the maneuvers, its just a pre set scripted demo for public consumption.

He is somewhat tilting it but yea.

But why would you use the Data for the Gripen E, a aircraft which is not ingame, for the Gripen A/C which are ingame and are different enough that they have different flight profiles.

It would be like using the flight data for the SU-35 for the ingame SU-27, it’d be completely insane.

The angle of attack limit has not gone away, because the aircraft layout is absolutely the same. And it does not have a thrust vector, unlike the Su-35S and Su-27

I haven’t seen any military sims do this in my own personal experience. It is not like they have some “public demonstration” mode that changes all the parameters.

The pictures you showed are also showing the bath tub fittings for the connection of the wing on the JAS-39A/C. lol. Truly a 17G capable aircraft like it was on dev server.

Oh and so you know that is the limit of the stick tilt in game
And i would say irl it is simmilar

They do, I believe Andre Brännström mentioned this in some podcast.

Gripen is held to the same standard as all other top tier aircraft in the game with the 1.5x multiplier and all that, you have a couple hundred reports on your hands if you are seriously humouring this… lol

1 Like

Well, this is a pretty common mount.
The F-16 wing also has attachment points

Dont want to be against you, but that is a Dev server, things there are unfinnished and placeholders.

1 Like

It had to be fixed via reports regardless. It was erroneous, it was halfway corrected… it is still erroneous. The entire FM needs redone from the ground up.

You can book this simulator for like $40, I’ve been considering driving there. Very cool museum.

Close to Stockholm I actually flew a Viggen simulator which was made from a real decommissioned fuselage/cockpit. Had a blast, you got to wear a G-suit which inflated when you pulled G’s which was super immersive. I’m surprised more people with simulators aren’t considering G-suits

2 Likes

Didn’t even realise it was a museum exhibit haha, even less credible for true maximum performance then.

7 Likes

Would be even cooler if they could put it in a centrifuge to simulate the G’s.

Still utterly awesome.

go full real experience and knock you out for a tenner hahaha

1 Like

Steady Steady, we might have told you it is a simulation, but If you fail that landing it will be your last.

1 Like

fine by me, actually done a landing before. my instructor (Cessna 152) did comment on how… much vertical speed I had going into it, but what can I say, I’ve always been a fan of carrier aviation.