SAAF JAS-39C Technical Data and Discussion

It can pull 12G, that’s not a secret, Gripen pilots have talked about the existence of a “classified” flight envelope not seen or known about in public, not a secret either. Irrelevant for FM discussions since it is a… Secret after all. There’s a reason Devs don’t accept these types of videos for reports. It wouldn’t be useful anyways since speed is redacted

Afterburner is off for most of it, and there’s multiple afterburning modes, we don’t even have the speeds (for a reason). This is clearly a G-load demonstration and the entire flight programme was run through with a higher up in detail and approved

1 Like

It can pull above 9G in an emergency.

The afterburner is on most of the time during the turns. It is definitely on for the 180 degree 9G turn towards the end.

We also know that the Gripen that did a surprise cobra at an airshow ended up crashing.

1 Like

Again… multiple afterburning modes and you don’t know this, regardless it tells us nothing without the redacted stuff, this is desperate even for you lol.

What does this have to do with anything? The FBW failed

You can see he pushes the throttle all the way forward. The logical conclusion is that he is using the full thrust of the engine.

It shows that the plane departs controlled flight when it exceeds an AoA limit.

1 Like

No Feet… You can’t…

Also this is something that definitely didn’t happen.

Eungland is lying. Millennium 7 is also lying when he repeats the same claim at face value.

1 Like

That’s not what happened…

Lol you had to scroll far for that one,

You don’t know this either… You’ve formed an opinion on it. (No doesn’t mean I believe him either)

I was not aware dunning-kruger was contagious

I didn’t scroll. I used the search function because the whole Gripen Red Flag 2006 story is nonsense that often times is repeated.

And this is something I actually do know and it’s something I can prove.

Then prove it. Why didn’t you do this sooner? Would’ve saved you roughly 50 of your posts on the old thread

Why are there no press releases from 2006 talking about the Gripens awesome performance?

How did Gripen shoot down Typhoon when it wasn’t even at the exercise?

How did Gripen score as well as the F-22…when it also wasn’t at the exercise?

Pretty much every detail in the Eungland claims is fabricated.

1 Like

I don’t see the proof, just claims

The first time F-22 was sent to a Red Flag was in 2007.

There was no Typhoon at Red Flag 2006.

Sweden was not on Red Team for the exercise either.

Even more claims… Are we just gonna gloss over how you completely dipped from our conversation of your wizardly abilities to tell apart multiple afterburning modes through a shaky video and the erroneous accident claim by scrolling back to a random 3 month old quote I shared which had nothing to do with what we were talking about?😂

3 Likes

I’m convinced you’re trolling at this point, stop wasting my time

These are verifiable claims.

There actually is a press release from 2006 that talks about it.

1 Like

I’ll post the press release once I get home.

1 Like

I don’t know if you got the hint, but I’m not interested in this random derailment into some quote of Englund I shared 3 months ago of someone else’s claim which I have since been critical of… Had literally nothing to do with what we were talking about, just out of the blue.

We can discuss more than one thing at the same time.

And I’m sure you can find someone to discuss it with.