SAAF JAS-39C Technical Data and Discussion

But the Gripen radar isn’t like this but they seem to be planning to give it R darter any way

I don’t know if that’s what he said but it’s true. I’d argue there have been very few times when a plane has had this large of a performance gap against everything else in the game and in this specific case it’s due to an erroneous flight model.

While fixing the FM doesn’t solve all the worlds problems, it is a problem being solved. Yet not a soul has tried putting together a report to fix the issue. It keeps getting ignored. Had it been a buff they would have reported it a long long time ago.

I mean, like I said it’s what usually happens with Derby installations. Rafael says themselves that they can integrate Derby onto platforms that don’t even have a radar. Personally I think there are multiple things that could happen in the future so it’s too early to say that “Gaijin seems to be planning R-Darter for the Gripen”.

1 Like

well it either that on they planning the Cheetah C

Is the fact that they are using the Gripen to test the R-Darter on the dev server not a relatively good indicator?

We’ll go through the rest in DM at some point

I genuinely would have, I am hindered by being on console though, I cannot conduct any in-game tests and use stuff like “WRTRI” or whatever it’s called. I’m also carefully managing where I put my focus IRL. Recently things have been busy and the thread was going nowhere, hence why I got out of that thread 1-2 weeks before it got locked. Anyone is free to make these bug reports, I also don’t know why no-one has gotten around to it, especially feet with all that ‘conviction’ he’s got in his charts.

2 Likes

it might just be to test R darter as the cheetah isn’t in the game

If its strapped to the Gripen I’d expect to see it in production on the Gripen.

3 Likes

i guess but they did have R73s on the mig29s on the dev

I hope gaijin consider change laser designator pods to gen 3 on JAS39C Gripen (HuAF & SAAF) in 2nd major update

Looking forward to this. I really wish they would add the anti-ship missiles for the Swedish tree too. Super iconic, they were also used on the Viggen. This is the RB-04

And RBS15 for the Gripen

2 Likes

If they ever add a Realistic EC mode then it would be great

I don’t know if you play sim, but there are a few maps in EC sim where boats regularly spawn. There’s also “destroy boat convoy” and “Destroy carrier” objectives. Tons of fun to attack with laser guided missiles. Viggen and Gripen anti-ship would be great for this

Yeah i know that but not all lot play sim

If they made the sim game mode but with mouse aim controls i think alot of people would play it giving a better need for anti ship missiles

Yeah for sure. It’s unfortunate. Gaijin is sitting on a winning lottery ticket with the simulator game-mode but refuse to work on it

1 Like

Right and they were removed due to being “too strong” at the time. Where as the R-Darter/Derby is probably the weakest (right now) of the new ARH missiles.

1 Like

Yeah fair point i was surprised that they are planning R darter for it as i thought they would just give it AMRAAMs to be easier

Then DM them please

2 Likes

Brazilian F-5EMs are equiped with the italian Griffo radar and uses Derby

Spoiler

images-1

3 Likes

…I didn’t provide criticism? I don’t think you’re fooling anyone with that one.

It wasn’t so much fear of being embarrassed than the fact that me engaging in a dogfight with you defeated the entire point I was trying to make that these ‘dogfight videos’ are completely irrelevant in the discussion of figuring out it’s real life SEP/FM. The videos are merely a demonstration for new players in the thread unaware that it’s even over-performing. I also asked multiple times why you even wanted to dogfight you when I already agreed it was over-performing to which I got no response. You have a track record of mocking people so I saw no point in it.
Also regarding this, at this time I literally tried to dogfight you in that sim game we were in together on Sinai, dm’ing you.

I’ve already explained multiple times to you various flaws in your testing, it’s not just this. When you ignored most of them I honestly gave up on arguing with you. The answers are there. I simply offered a critical perspective of your chart, with the goal of sparking a productive discussion on the actual cause of the erroneous FM as “SEP” is just a statistic/figure, (could be low drag or high lift etc). 2 wrongs does not make a right. I think Mig23 was on a good track in this regard with the whole instability thing and I would’ve loved to discuss it further with him.

My entire point is that even bringing up K/D and stats is negligible in the FM discussion I pointed out a clear contradiction in your post and you’re proving my point further by the whole ‘justification’ after this quote.

You’re still using it to make a point, you’re no better. It’s another example of the hundreds un-productive posts you bombarded us with during that thread.

I’ve not played in 3 weeks and I’m personally not playing sim until missile meta changes which inherently amplifies the dominance of the dogfighters. I also don’t enjoy the Gripen FM but I see you’ve been having a blast with it.

The only reason I’m even on the forum right now is because my most anticipated change/update is on the horizon with Fox 3’s. As we’ve seen our discussions are leading nowhere between you and me, It’s just a constant game of getting the last word in. I’m not interested, I won’t reply to you further.

2 Likes