SAAF JAS-39C Technical Data and Discussion

the reason i ask is that IRL Gripens countermeasure system is automatic and chooses the correct response to each detected threat as they appear. and being able to choose flare and chaff loadout in the same way you do secondary weapons with presets would be both strategic and also look cool.

especially now that sensor suite mode and ARH missiles are on the horizon.

1 Like

There are plans for separate flare and chaff controls for this year.

I know stuff like the RWR on Tornado GR.1 was capable of dispensing chaff based on RWR feedback.

So suggestions could be made for Gripen if you have the source materials. I have already submitted a report for RWR feedback to trigger chaff dispensing similar to MAW but only for SARH and ARH missile types for the Tornado GR.1.

4 Likes

Thats awesome! will do when i have time :) and source material there is plenty directly from SAAB :)

2 Likes

That I think we can agree on.

1 Like

I’ve said this to you before - everyone has different thresholds for what we deem sufficient/good evidence.

If you find you have to keep insisting that your claims are well sourced, then that in itself should tell you something.

You have used invalid sources much more than once. Everyone in this thread is already well aware, otherwise I would provide a catalogue of the invalid sources you’ve attempted to use within this thread alone.

@Gunjob
Any idea if the agm65G is going to be exclusively for the Hungarian Gripen at the moment?

2 Likes

Its on the GR7 on the dev didyou hear

Yeah saw the GR.7 is getting them, was curious about the other Gripens.

Oh i don’t about other Gripens

I believe you’d have to make a report (like Gunjob did for the GR.7) showing evidence of in this instance the SAAF JAS-39C using AGM65G

I had a report in for the 65D on the SAAF Gripen. But those materials also cover G/H.

Spoiler

I’ll update my report.

6 Likes

Cheers mate.

Looking forward to giving them a go, because the current mavericks in game rarely kill mbts for me

Regularly passing reports speaks for itself. They meet gaijins criteria, if you disagree that’s entirely a personal issue.

So why is it always the same issue brought up if there are so many additional examples?

I’m not even the one who proved the Gripen’s SEP is absurd, I just called it out early on. I’m not even the only person pointing out this issue, others did.

Doesn’t matter, until it’s reported and accepted it’s still a present issue and worth discussion. You’ll notice I hardly discuss the other issues currently such as instability… It’s been reported and Gaijin just has yet to fix it.

What you’re suggesting is Gaijin will fix it if we don’t report it and just wait. That 100% isn’t the case. Look at the F-5A and F-5E. They overperform so drastically that the F-5E actually outperforms the F-20 Tigershark’s known data. When it was reported they made the decision to leave it as-is because it’s been in the game too long and they don’t feel like changing older flight models. The F-16 and Gripen may very well end up the same way.

2 Likes

If they are bug reports about the Gripen…. In the Gripen thread… sounds on topic to me……

3 Likes

He’s not discussing the Gripen or the bug reports, or providing anything new though. He’s just talking about how often he submits bug reports, and that is supposedly meant to be an indicator of how good his sources are. If he wants to give himself a pat on the back he can do it elsewhere - people coming to this thread to discuss the Gripen shouldn’t have to be subjected to it.

2 Likes

Another thread slowly joining the Nuke list, great

4 Likes

Can you two continue this elsewhere. like a bedroom or a DM either works aslong as its not here. this somehow sparked out of a poor sod trying to work out if R-Darter could be mounted to a Rail with BOL on it and now its just a slapfight.

5 Likes

I DM’d him, he just doesn’t want to take it out of the thread. Let’s not keep back and forth unless there is information relevant to the formation of reports and fixes / discussion of the Gripen, though

Just as an example, your own comment could have been a DM to either of us. No need to further clutter the thread with what has already been said.

1 Like

First of all, I largely left that thread hundreds of replies / 1-2 weeks before it was shut down, I think we both know the main culprit/s. Second I’m being very cordial with you, I’ve simply nicely asked if you could make a thread about it - saying you’d be able to get a productive discussion going. I’ve made my intentions clear. Stop spinning it.

I was part of it for over 1000 replies in that thread, trying to get some productive discussion with you (I gave up on feet long ago). You mostly ignored 90% of my message and the information I found on canards and just hyper fixated on one small detail, sometimes ignoring my message/question altogether. I’m aware you were on a road trip though and may have missed it but still. That together with constant derailment from other people made it hell.

You literally asked devs/mods and got the go-ahead to use certain reasoning/charts for a report, and indicated you’d make a report if no-one else did ‘in a month or so’ (paraphrasing, not skimming through 2000+ replies)

Where are we trying to buff its performance? We were all part of a weeks long thread on the performance/accuracy and literally got nowhere except a nasty environment. Anyone is free to bug report this stuff at any time, why are you so concerned about what we’re concerned about?

I’m not dismissing anything, You’re blissfully unaware of how sick everyone is of that topic after what happened. At least offer a new perspective with some sources if you’re going to instigate again.

Because that’s literally how the community goes about fixing/changing stuff… We make bug reports??? You’re very aware of this. As for the ‘death threats’ you’re claiming happened back when air superiority released 3 months ago, where did this even happen? If it’s not clearly trolls I suggest you file a police report.

I gave very valid criticism to the charts which was the entire foundation upon the performance in question (Aside from constant dogfight/video spam). I think you know this, IIRC you never actually criticised/answered the questions I raised about them.

Please… Everyone will appear biased arguing their point but I’m nowhere near as biased as feet. It’s literally hilarious watching him constantly spin narratives with his ‘sim experiences’ to make a point. That’s literally what 90+% of his 300 posts in the thread consisted of.

He literally did so here again yesterday (when someone called him out over having worse stats in the Gripen than in a Su27 after making the Gripen out to be the most handheld easiest most overpowered jet in the game ever.) comparing Schezerade’s K/D in Su27 vs JAS-39 to make a point of how people earn a staggering +3K/D just by switching to the JAS-39 when in reality it’s because of Blue-sides vastly superior RWR/Radar, situational awareness and invisible missiles in sim. The same player has a +2K/D in both F16A and F16C over the JAS-39… I guess the F16’s must be the most handheld jets in the game?..

Using K/D and ‘player stats’ to judge a flight model is absolutely ridiculous and the fact that he’s constantly resorting to doing so is telling. You might have some dunning Kruger in you, even Feet attest to this but at least you’re able to conduct some interesting discussions on flight-models (sometimes) and don’t constantly derail with unproductive statements

7 Likes

I’m afraid I’m not that knowledgeable but I don’t think the rail specifically is a limitation as much as the aircraft’s systems architecture. R-Darter could theoretically be integrated with the Gripen but as it was retired before the Gripen entered SAAF service it’s unlikely. The Gripen’s weapon systems are designed for “easy” (as easy as that can be, anyway) integration of stores based on user requirements to make it more attractive for export so in theory it would be possible. One obstacle is that the Israeli Derby, which is extremely similar to R-Darter, tends to be equipped to planes using specifically Israeli radar units. For instance, the Cheetah C and Kfir C.10 both use the EL/M-2032 radar which is an Israeli system.

I’ll just DM you, there are concerns about the potential for this to turn into a slap fight. Y’all really gonna leave it up to me to make the big boy decision, though?