SAAF JAS-39C Technical Data and Discussion

Ah damn

Just need to start collecting Royalties from Gaijin for the Challenger 2

Like that would happen

In my experience, cyclic target selection will try to select the target your nose/cursor is pointing at.

1 Like

Like hell it did, when i was using it there was a plane goiing head on with me, it was on a target for example a little to the left, and it would jump to someone at the edge of the screen. Still im already used to manual so going back to cycling is a no no for me.

except for when there’s chaff somewhere on the map, then it just gets stuck on whatever

With the sensor fusion, they could potentially overlay onto the same radar screen rather than like what is on the Javelin which takes over the entire screen.

Or they could just make a 360 MFD/radar overlay setting with things like MAWS integrated in as well as radar/IRST contacts and LWS contacts.

It’s going to be hellish to get all these functions integrated onto my controller.

MAWS and LWS will be on the RWR, just like in helis.
I hope they will not fuse them, as they are 2 independnt systems. Radar+Meteor, IRST+ASRAAM in UK EF case is what i would do.

I would do the same, 2-way datalink will be super stable too. 4 ASRAAM and (up to) 8 but probably 6 Meteor would be awesome. Pretty much impossible to get to the merge at that point.

Gripeneers would be funny lol

1 Like

eh, the one let down with the gripen rn is there is no BVR capability
If you’ve seen Defyn’s “I’m going to be an AWACS rat” video then you’ll know what i’m doing

But the fact you’re forced to defend against R-27ERs, AIM-7Ms, etc etc, means there is no parity whatsoever.

Yes, I’m aware low alt is the meta strat. However, I don’t want to get railed by an R-27ER where i have to be 10ft off the ground to shake a lock from one. There is no parity, yet people go “RAAAAAH GRIPEN OP PLS NERF OR MOVE TO 14.0”

Right whine over

When it works, it works well. usually a guaranteed kill or two.

1 Like

it will be worse when AMRAAMs come

The difference being the Gripen might get to shoot back first

1 Like

i doubt the SAAF one will get AMRAAMs

1 Like

At the very least we will see some decompression. Not that that will help, but still.

well i hope that’s actually accounted for haha

Yeah maybe a CF18 if no pre production eurofighter

1 Like

Yep, it really comes down to what and when things get added. They could take the FGR2 approach and keep the Gripen C as our top tier for a while. They could just leave it as is and let us suffer in uptiers again for the duration of 2024. Or we might get a new top tier like Typhoon/CF-18 sooner rather than later.

Either way. I reckon if it does get AMRAAM, it will be the patch after Sweden and likely the patch after we get FA2/F3 AoP

2 Likes

It also depends on how much effort the devs want to put into the game. We know that the Tornado F3 wasnt going to get the Stage 2G because they couldnt find evidence that Italy used it and so we were going to get an earlier one just so that they could be identical. Thankfully Flame found evidence of it and we ended up with a much better aircraft. So they werent even willing to maintain 2 different versions of the Tornado ADV, they may also not be willing to maintain 2 different versions of the Gripen C. So we may have that in our favour too ( heck they couldnt even be bothered to make the Gripen C any different from the Gripen A)

2 Likes