SAAF JAS-39C Technical Data and Discussion

I have had it but i usually switch my radar off so…

1 Like

I’m assuming its placebo but since the latest changes I am ripping really often when at higher alts. Usually I am at around 20 mins of fuel and most of my missiles but the warning only says 13G and my wings explode.

1 Like

Do you mind recording the incidence so we can review? It shouldn’t rip on it’s own when moving mouse around so perhaps you are doing a combined roll + pitch or yaw.

They were roll + pitch inputs I know that for sure. It’s just weird how random it is. First instance was a barrel roll to avoid a 9M at 4km alt. I have been trying to recreate the rip, and its so strange. With 20 mins fuel and 6 missiles I cannot rip at sea level at all unless I also add rudder, but at 4 km alt at around 750 mph tas roll + pitch kills my wings. I can add vids later but very strange as I would imagine planes rip at sea level more easily. Second instance was a similar alt but I used mouse aim to pitch down to launch a missile down and pitch back up with roll.

Try it again, without boosters installed. (sometimes they like causing wing rips)

Also sounds maybe like issues in negative G

Quick video on what happens. Really weird how it rips easier at alt.
https://streamable.com/pfc3lr?src=player-page-share

I tried it for a bit but losing a lot of the snappiness and high-speed turning ability is too much of a loss to me.

Must admit, not having wings do causes speed bleed during tunrs, but other than that it flies just fine (i pulled 17g, it did not liked it)
Well

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/TYysY7FVDpna

Made one on the missing radar functionality, would appreciate a boost and additional sources if you have them :)

Sure, but radar is a placeholder

is it?
where did you find that info?

It show ingame as a F16, it has multiple bugs… But that is usual, give it up to 3 months

Yeah i was also ripping my wings yesterday. One time at only 800-900kmh at sea level. Im thinking now it mightve been connected to the connection isues!

Updated your report, you have 3 separate issues which need to be broken up into 3 issues. Why they are all radar related they are still separate issues and we only accept 1 issue per report.

Also the developers don’t accept pilot testimony so you would need better sources for any of those issues to progress.

ES-05 when? (AESA radar, so not any time soon)

Thanks!
that is not a pilot testimony however. its a SAAB (developer) information video from their own youtube channel. will that count as primary?

When i look it says PS-05A and not F-16.

In the X-ray it says that but in the files it’s it’s a copy paste APG68v5

Not in hangar, when you get ping on the RWR that can differ radars it shows up as an a F16, and as @oppsijustkilledu said, it is a c&p of AN/APG-68(V)5 found on the BARAK II

1 Like

like how the sea harrier had a copy and paste f5e radar