SAAF JAS-39C Technical Data and Discussion

No worries i understood what you mean.

Aside from increased top speed there are few things you can notice if you are careful.

For example it feels more responsive at higher speed compare to previous flight model and loose little bit more speed in turns, at least thats how i felt when i flew today.

2 Likes

There are more nerfs coming.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/YKhI5oNKuwKG?comment=oxOEjSK1MmOod2eYPZcxPPuk

fixed in 2.33.0.31

Didn’t this already come out on live with the .30 version?

That is in this fix is it not

Doesn’t seem like it, since @Metrallaroja wrote that a fix is coming in the next version an hour ago. Can you comment?

Mach 1.27 is the low level rip speed now

It is the same change that was datamined in the dev server, it just went live an hour ago or so

there were no changes to the JAS fm in .31. Metra must have been talking about the fixes in .30, which were added to live in .31, not fixed in .31.

1 Like

Correct its just the .30 dev fixes confirmed in .31 production.

1 Like

Oh thats good, no further Gripen nerfs on the immediate horizon then.

I mean the new FM feels even better, that higher IAS rip is welcome. You pull a bit less G but that means you blackout less so its actually resulted in better sustained turns. And you bleed speed in turns more now, which actually allows you to slow to your best turning speed.

Overall its an improvement.

4 Likes

If its improvement, witch hunt wont end. They will find something else. 😅

1 Like

I hope it still dogfights well.
Not like the Viggen where it’s 2 turns and you’re done.

Does it still sort of hold its energy?

About 4~ turns I was getting low on energy which is more than enough to win.

Since I have you, do you know what Gaijin’s rules are for multiplying the IRL top speed by 1.05? Should this be done for both low and high altitude limits?

If so, I think the last change contained a mistake. The new low alt rip speed is correct at 1.05 * M1.2, but the high alt datamined value is 2.0, same as IRL. Shouldnt it be 1.05 * 2.0 = 2.1?

I made a report about it but it got closed as duplicate with a report that only talks about the low altitude speed…

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/DVFpAvNhOJvo

Shhhhhh! They’ll hear you!

Do you think it will still beat the mirage 4000/F16 in term of dogfighting? (I thought it was able to after the 2nd gripen FM in Dev server)

Does that mean its a boat at low speed now that cant turn?