Romanian Line in Italian Air Tree

Very good potential additions. There’s a variant of the IAR 316 that’s premium but in the French tree, it would definitely make sense to bring it into Italy as a standard heli along with the others you’ve listed

2 Likes
  • maybe after MiG 21 LanceR C should also be added the MiG 29 Sniper (maybe … i don’t know)

IAR 93B 3D model it is already in the making by Nova29R.
For air to air could carry up to 8 missiles, source from INCAS : " http://web.archive.org/web/20230204185254/https://incas.ro/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=135&Itemid=118 "

IAR 99 C Soim can also use the R-73 E / R-73 M missile.
And it is not using the GBU JDAM, it is using the same Mk82 with added Israeli guidance systems (Griffin/Opher/Lizard) as the LanceR.

For MiG 21 LanceR ordnance : it has only 5 hardpoints, not sure why you wrote 7.
It has the normal MiG 21 MF pilons … 1 center and 2/wing.

It can use R-3R radar guide and for IR guided R-3S / A-91(Romanian made R-3S) , A-90 (the Romanian R-55 missile), R-60M (and RAV-RS / A960 Romanian made R-60M), R-73 / R-73M, Matra Magic II, Python 3. (in last years Matra Magic II and Python were prefered)

For ground attack LanceR C can also use the

• Mk-82 Snakeye
  • laser guided IAI Griffin system for MK82 bomb
  • IR guided Elbit Opher system (drop and forget) for MK82 bomb
  • laser guided Elbit Lizard system for MK82 bomb

Pods available for the central hardpoint :

• LDP targeting pod Rafael Litening
  • ECM pod
  • ARP reconnaissance pod made by AeroStar
Spoiler
  • LDP targeting pod Rafael Litening
  • ECM pod
  • ARP reconnaissance pod made by AeroStar
  • Photos with DASH helmet system , HOTAS system,
Spoiler
  • DASH
  • HOTAS

• RWR SPS-20V2 with 4 sensors on 45, 135, 225 and 315 degrees covering 360 degrees around and +/- 45 in elevation
Spoiler
  • RWR sensors
  • RWR screen (top right)
  • gif image with Laser guided bombs attacking multiple targets at once
Spoiler

And here are HUD symbology during missile launch, using GUN, using unguided rockets (CCIP), using the targeting pod.
HUD in NAV mode, the “Dog fight” mode and “Intercept” mode.

Unfortunately the new forum does not work anymore for embed Coub clips (or i don’t know how to use it) so to see them you need to click the links one by one …

Videos :

Spoiler

MiG 21 Lancer hud symbology 6 dogfight mode 1 - Coub

MiG 21 Lancer hud symbology 7 dogfight mode 2 - Coub

Mig 21 LanceR - cockpit lights - Night Flight - Coub

• Cockpit in flight

Mig 21 LanceR - cockpit in flight - Coub

• HUD during landing

MiG 21 Lancer hud symbology 8 on landing - Coub

• HUD on ground

MiG 21 Lancer hud symbology 3 on ground - Coub

• HUD in flight

MiG 21 Lancer hud symbology 1 - Coub

I hope it will be useful.

1 Like

For helis will be nice to see the IAR 330 PUMA SOCAT.
Has very good thermal imager BrightNite from Elbit.
Has helmet aim assist, HOTAS system.

GIAT THL20 20mm canon
8 x Spike ER guided rockets
S-5 unguided rockets
50 and 100 kg bombs

2 x GIAT NC 621 de 20mm extra canon pods with 180 rounds each - on the exterior pilons each side
2 x R-3S or R-60M or R-73 (air to air missile go as a 3rd attachment point on each side, see pictures)

Spoiler
  • R-3S / A-91
  • R-60M
  • It can even drop 2 x Sting Ray torpedoes
Spoiler

1 Like

Yes my bad, I mixed up missile count with pylon count, forgot the inner pylon carries a pair of missiles (at least for the R-60, I dont know if this works with other missile types). Thank you for the additional info

Thanks especially for this one, I will add it into the OP post

Isn’t ground attack variant called Lancer A?

Yes, at begining LanceR A was made for ground attack.

But LanceR C can do both ground and air attack.

That’s why the retired the “A” to save airframes for later to be converted to “C”.

A vs C
A had cheaper radar, no DASH helmet system,

2 Likes

tbh there are a lot of missing planes in the italian TT, gaijin decided to go the easy way with the ground forces to just give copy paste stuff that didn’t help at all. at least in air do some research before proposing stuff that is not going to give any help at all

1 Like

If we already have a Hungarian ground subtree and helicopter subtree, and can have a Hungarian air subtree, why should we get a Romanian air subtree instead?!? It just makes no sense!

Not only does Hungary already have the ground and heli subtree for Italy already, they also have a much better connection to Italy than Romania does (and people still think Hungary has too little connection to Italy).

The only argument I can see for having a Romanian rather than Hungarian air subtree is that Romania has a little bit more aircraft to add than Hungary. But that argument can easily be countered: Italy already has a good air tree and can get many more Italian aircraft; they don’t need a big subtree, the aircraft that Hungary offers is perfectly fine for Italy (and makes more sense).

As evidence of this, just look at the Finnish air subtree for Sweden. Sweden needs aircraft more desperately than Italy, and still the Finnish air subtree doesn’t have many aircraft (and none of them are unique). Hungary can offer a larger and more unique subtree than the current Finnish one, and if the current Finnish one is enough for Sweden, even a small Hungarian air subtree will be enough for Italy, and that way there is still space to add more Italian aircraft! A perfect solution if you ask me.

Unique Romanian aircraft can still be added as premiums for Italy, or they can still get a subtree line for France maybe (as they did have a strong military and political connection).

Bottom line: Hungarian ground, Hungarian helicopters and Romanian aircraft makes no sense and is unfair on Hungary (I mean even Finland got an air subtree, why should Hungary not get one?). A Hungarian air subtree makes more sense, and even though it may be smaller than a Romanian one, that’s fine (good actually), because Italy doesn’t need a large air subtree and they need some room to get more of their own Italian aircraft.

This post was made before the Hungarian air-subtree (heli + fixed wing) was even confirmed to be coming soon. Reason why I used Romania is because I believe Romania has more unique models + their own designs such as the IAR-build props and jets than Hungary does. But it wouldn’t be out of the question to mix the subtree line with Hungary + Romania, since more representation for nations too small for an independent TT is a good thing

Edit: the idea of putting Romania under France isn’t a bad idea either, I haven’t thought of it until now

3 Likes

Oh sorry, didn’t check the post date, I just assumed it was quite recent.

Yeah I can see why and what you mean, but I still think putting Romanian stuff with France makes more sense than a mixed air subtree; I mean we’ve never seen such a thing before, and mixing Hungary and Romania together as the first case of this would be very weird (they were sort of enemies during this era)!

1 Like

There could also be a Mig-29 Sniper Prototype added in as well, because I think the Lancer in the current meta wouldn’t be the greatest. As well as a Mig-23MF since it was in use by the Airforce from 1979 to 2003.

1 Like

Romanian H-5 blue camo is available now in “alfa strike” trophy, imo it’s a good sign.

2 Likes

I would love to see this sub tree, because there are a lot of plane that didn’t exist irl so it would be cool to see them in WT, like the IAR 95 Spey

Gaijin devs said in 2017 - 2018 that all Romanian vehicles will go into the Italian tech tree.
That’s why they moved (rereleased) the same Romanian vehicles/skins from German tech tree into the Italian tech tree.
That’s why the IAR-81C was released in the Italian tech tree.

I hope we will get the more unique vehicles/upgrades like IAR-80, IAR-93, IAR-99, MiG 21 LanceR, MiG 29 Sniper, TR-580, TR-85, TR-125/P-125, IAR 330 Puma SOCAT, MLI-84M Jder, LAROM, APR 40, Model 1989, TAB Zibrum with gun and missile versions, CA-95 anti air, maybe Gepard with CA-95 missiles, Fregata Marasesti + some other Lidl river and sea boats etc

For the rest of foreign vehicles that were used without local modifications Gaijin can just add skins for the current Hungarian / Italian vehicles. (the rest of the MiGs, F-16, T-34, IS-whatever, T-54, T-55, T-72, BMPs, anti air, Kilo class submarine, Frigate etc)

4 Likes

You can add iar 39, iar 47 and iar 93a at 9.0/9.3.

1 Like

yeah. Anyway less copy-paste than the HU tree

Can we make the IAR-95 become a reality ?? :((

Find blueprints and build it ;)

Yea bro. It’s that easy. Thanks

1 Like

so any chance to get Romanian subtree in the near future?