Rework NATO tricolor CARC based on the new pattern in the Dutch Leopards

The new Netherlands Leopards have got a new, much more accurate tricolor CARC scheme; with more black and with less brown (black should be the 2nd most prominent colour after green; not brown).

I was astonished to see this leap in quality in the depiction of this camouflage pattern:

My only two suggestions for it to be perfect (reference images attached) would be to:

-Make it more “wavy” instead of so straight.
-Make the edges a bit more diffuse.

I firmly believe this new (polished) CARC currently featured only on the Netherlands Leopards should become the new standard CARC camo for Germany and other nations which use this same camouflage scheme too!

It would be a huge visual improvement in terms of quality and fidelity.

You have my word that, if Gaijin does this, I will purchase this camouflage on every single Leopard and German Top Tier vehicle, hahah. The only reason why I don’t is because the current iteration is inaccurate and meh-looking because of this.

So I will be looking forward to an answer!

6 Likes

I agree with you about the new camouflage and need for proper visual replication.

But I would like to point out one thing that for some strange reason a visual artists of the game cannot get right is to not paint the wheels with camo colors. They are and always were of the basic color of the tank which is green. This goes for any tank from NATO. Polish Leopard 2PL with their Polish CARC camo, Leclercs, Hungarian, Swedish, Finish list goes on and on.

2 Likes

Very true! This has always triggered me, hahah.

Same for M1A1 AIM, etc. Basically; 90% of the times, pattern camouflages shouldn’t be applied to the wheels.

Would you make a suggestion about this?

2 Likes

Is this alignment okay? Looks way off to me

I will do a bug report.

2 Likes

Yep, a bit too straight- should be more wavy.

In short; they should rework tricolor CARC for Netherlands AND Germany, since it’s the same; same colour palette as current NL, closer “shapes” to the current GR.

1 Like