Return Monthly Historical Decals + old ones

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

War Thunder for quite some time now, has had an extremely wide range of historical decals added to the game in the currently discontinued “Monthly Historical Decal” events. These added much needed customisation to trees that have barely any decals (see China for the biggest example of this) but made them unnecessarily exclusive by making them unobtainable after the event had passed.

My suggestion is to bring back the Monthly Historical Decal events to give players more customisability, and allow all previously unlockable decals such as ones found in the events or ones like faction decals that came with certain packs back in the very early versions of the game to be purchased with GE.
That way, if you miss the event and don’t get the decal, you can always come back and purchase it. This creates additional revenue for Gaijin and gives EVERY player a fair chance at making the most of the in-game customisation.

Expanding customisation for minor factions especially, adding new decals, etc can only benefit this game and I can’t think of any reason why people would disagree.
Milestone decals, such as those that get categorised under “Special” in the decals menu, as they pertain to certain special occassions like Anniverseries, April Fools events, can all remain exclusive as a “you had to be there” kind of decal. But locking main, historical or non-special event decals adds nothing to the game besides exclusivity. Make them purchasable via GE the same as all other decals. These files are in the game and obviously take up space (albeit a small amount), but can only be used by those who played that particular month.

It would make more sense to allow everyone this fair shot at customisation.

In short: Bring back the historical decals event to add more customisation in the game. New historical decals each month, if you miss them though, they go into their respective nations’ category and can be purchased for 200 GE each, just like all other decals in game.

While at the same time, all previously ran decals from the old monthly decal events, get added to all players, to be purchasable with 200GE

That way, Gaijin’s artwork can be fully appreciated, the game size is being used as effective as possible, and all players feel like they have a fair chance to either earn them for free via grinding like last time, or can purchase them if missed.

Thank you!

16 Likes

I missed out on many old decals dating back to at least 2018 from present.
I really want re-runs so I can attain the ones I didn’t know were ran at the time.

Thank you for this suggestion, Legwolf.

6 Likes

Great suggestion! +1 without a doubt!

5 Likes

+1, wish I could get some of the old battle pass inscriptions & decorations, would happily pay GE for them

7 Likes

this was moved to the ‘Implemented’ section of the prior suggestions thread but was not locked, nor is there a message saying it was forwarded to the devs. does anyone know why?
are we getting the old decals or was the move a mistake?

3 Likes

Agreed, I really hope to purchase those old stickers.
I missed some of them before that, and then I can’t get them anymore

4 Likes

Just checked ingame and it wasnt implemented stealthily, so this was probably moved to the ‘Implemented’ Tab either by mistake or pre-emptively.

I really hope that its the latter because there are so many decals in this game that will never see use by most players due to them being locked away.

3 Likes

god, I want to get this. unable to wait
QQ图片20240418223146

1 Like

and these, please bring them back
QQ图片20240418224255
QQ图片20240418224241
QQ图片20240418224141

1 Like

Approved +1.

2 Likes

It’s really bad. Now we can only get those old contents through the lottery box
QQ图片20240421045525

3 Likes

This gets my vote. Definitely yes.

4 Likes

i really hope gaijin can do this earlier.
and. can the moderator add “3D decoration” to the title?

1 Like

This sucks…

1 Like

so, we can only continue to discuss this topic until it attracts attention

4 Likes

Seems like it. hopefully the Moderators realise this is in the wrong section

2 Likes

Time to discuss a lot.

2 Likes

yea, I remember the previous battle pass had 3D decorations for QBJ88 and recoilless guns, as well as mortars. It is completely feasible to sell them in the market. Those passes have been over for a long time. But developers always forget these contents

1 Like

yes ,we need them ,bwd can earn money and satisfy your players’ desire to collect

1 Like

oh, these things are really interesting, so they’re out of print again, right?
we can only wait year after year for Gaijin to learn how to generously bring out these contents again in order to obtain them