Restoration of Historical Armament for Yak-38/Yak-38M in War Thunder

Historically, the Yak-38 was equipped with R-60M missiles. In addition, the Harrier, which surpasses it in terms of speed and maneuverability and has flares, is rated at 9.7. As for the Hunter, I haven’t played it, so I can’t judge it, but I base my assessment on my experience with the Yak-38.

I wouldnt call it a boost. It would just make uptiers even worse for it while doing the same for 9.0 jets.

Basically giving it maus-syndrome where it dominates downtiers while being easy prey when uptiered.

Not sure you want to face aim7-e-2 from a f4e in a yak38 too.

The Javelin is slower than the Yak-38 at 8.7. It has no flares. How is it suppose to defend against the Yak-38 with 4x R-60Ms?

Me in my scimitar trying to dodge an all aspect 30g missile :(

Yeah, it would be insane

On the flip side, my f4e would have some tasty treats.

1 Like

yeahno
we dont need another su25 repeat

Su-25 have tons of counter-measures and decent flight performance. Guess that Yak-38 doesnt have

bro never felt the pain of 9.3 in the su25 crowd?

Get u some r60m headons and lets see how many 9b do u have as flares xD

Unless it has flares and can go up to at least 10.3 then for me is a no. There are enough attackers with all aspect missile murdering late 50s planes without flares, no need to give them to a much faster one.
Yak-38 also with 4 R-60 is strong enough balance wise (unfortunately for my sanity i’ve flown that thing a lot)

1 Like

they have uncommitted from that actually
now its “close to accurate” instead of “accurate” which tbh is a better thing. historical accuracy is not always a good thing and game balance should take precedent.
That being said, currently the Yak-38s do not need R-60Ms. Unless there is some kind of countermeasures they can use they should not get R-60Ms. They do not need them, and they should not have them. Regarding the countermeasures, as far as I know none were ever fitted. However, if they really wanted to they could just put some on anyway with something like modified helicopter countermeasure dispensers. Some Mi-24 dispensers were put on Syrian MiG-23s (IIRC) so they could do something similar for the Yak-38 if they really wanted to, however that is far beyond the limit of “historical” and would be a game balance change more than anything.

Oh ok :(

No flares :c

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :(

I hate that…

1 Like

If they were, it would be somewhat playable

Yeah, that’s why I’m begging for them. It’s the one premium that I regret buying… But I’ve already used it a few times so I can’t refund :(

Omg no,… R-60M is all aspect, and all-aspect belong to higher BR than 10.7

Even Super-Étendard don’t have Magic-2 for it to stay at lower BR.

Give R-60M to Yak-38’s, while keeping it at same BR is not something that will happen.

I mean… It is Russian… So maybe…

I mean it is going to be 6 months lucrative then balanced out.

But anyway, this R-60M/Yak-38 discussion happenned already and it have been denied.