Responding To Your Feedback On Separate Battle Ratings

Totally disagree on reducing rewards for bombing bases, you should not penalized bombers because fighters are out of their role.

You should enforce those roles trough rewards :

• Killing planes : fighters +, attackers - , bombers -
  • Destroying bases : fighters - -, attackers =, bombers +
  • Destroying ground units : fighters -, attackers +, bombers =
7 Likes

Not only don’t you get crits, now you get sever damage so its almost GARUNTEED that some vulture will get 20% of the reward for your kill!! And I dunno about Arcade, but they already nerfed the hell out of base bombing in ARB by increasing the time it takes bases to respawn, now if you don’t get a base in the 1st run you have to survive 10 to 15 mins with a full bomb load… which at higher ranks is practically impossible.

1 Like

This seems more like ignoring ARB and mildly improving GRB

mavericks have a very long time to have this very common problem to appear and ruin the shot

lol how about stop reducing rewards but raising the lower part (on those who focus on fighting the players on the other team gaining air superiority) and adding more bases so that less people TK just for not being able to bomb them?

1 Like

I dont agree with the response with the allspecti missles at 10.0-10.7

If they truly below the efficiency expection there are other ways to buff them without keeping at such a low battle rating.
Firstly one major issue with these planes is the map design that we have currenlty in air ab. They fight on maps that a more or less focused for supersonic jets. The issue is here that they take an eternerty until they reach the center of the map and 2 options exist. Either your team got wiped out or their team got wiped out. In other words not only have these planes untl they reach the center of the map a low activity rating and when they reach the center they can either grief flareless planes or are helpless against the enemey team. A way to fix that would be to give them back their airspawn, in such way that they reach the center of the map at the same time as the rest of the team.
Also if the average eraning is to low why not increase their multipliers such that they are much closer to the expected average. That would mean these attackers would be high risk but high reward planes. Either way 10.0 and 10.3 are to low for these all aspect missles. They need to go up !!!
Because of these attackers flareless supersonics got pushed down to 9.3 which in return bully every plane with a lower br. The last battle rating patch in return pushed now these korean era jets to 8.0 which now bully ww2 era jets. How is this fair?

it‘s a common problem, for anything concerning lock, they all use the same basic logic, fov and signal strength

Essentially a Rewards nerf by stealth. Which No one noticed… glad to see Gaijin hasn’t changed a bit.

3 Likes

Я думаю, что-то нужно изменить
Я завязал воздушный бой, но противник увернулся от всех моих ракет.
Как вы думаете, сколько очков я смогу набрать? 1!
Почему игрокам нравится летать на бомбардировщиках? Потому что польза от воздушного боя слишком мала
Кроме того, не ослабляйте бомбардировщики, поскольку бомбардировщики часто сбиваются еще до того, как они пролетают над целью.

I think something needs to change
I started a dogfight but the enemy dodged all my missiles.
How many points do you think I’ll get? 1!
Why do players like flying bombers? Because the benefits of dogfighting are too small
Also, don’t nerf bombers because bombers are often shot down before they fly over their targets.

2 Likes

that’s a load of ###censored### …

This nonsense is exactly the same thing Gaijin has been using for past 10 years, where all balancing is basically just showcase “what plane/BR do incompetent people cluster around” … leading to such amazing balance as R2Y2 having the same BR as Mig-15, not because the planes are comparable but because one of them has significantly bigger pool of dumb people available for pushing BR down by sheer incompetence.

Now that we have separate BR available, it really is time to start treating planes (and SPAA & helicopters) as support units that have BR “assigned” to slot into ground unit lineups. At least to the extent to prevent planes being moved into nonsensical BR gaps with no ground units to support, especially if that nation doesn’t have any other useful CAS options there.

Look at current situation where for example USA has A-4Eearly (with flares & smart bombs or 5x Bullpup loadout) available at 8.7 while several nations have no similar CAS options … and according to Gaijin this was perfectly fine and balanced situation that didn’t need any change for several years. So compared to that I really don’t think that leaving some marginally better CAS plane at BR where it fits into a lineup (instead of moving it to nonsensical BR where it has no ground lineup) would somehow ruin some amazing masterpiece of flawless balance.

4 Likes

German coastal? Well color me surprised.

“At the moment, most aircraft that primarily bomb bases in Air Battles are as effective, if not more, than fighters of the same Battle Rating, although they often have much weaker weapons and air combat capabilities than fighters”
I highly doubt on what premise Gaijin believes that aircraft like the A-7, Juager, Buccaneer, and Mig-27 can survive to drop bombs in Air RB. If Gaijin thinks that being able to destroy bases justifies staying at a higher BR, then the F-4 Phantom II should certainly be at 12.7 BR.
“We fully realise that a change like this will not receive any support from players who are asking for a reduction in Battle Ratings at the current average reward values.Therefore in the summer, we’re planning to give more clarification and bring this issue up for discussion — whether or not we should reduce the rewards for bases in order to reduce the Battle Rating of aircraft that mainly bomb bases, or leave everything as it is now. Please follow the news for more details on this.”
Perhaps Gaijin has already forgotten the lessons from last year.

8 Likes

For the idiots who don’t get why these are hard to fly, most of the time your bases get stolen by fighters anyway, despite the fact that your ground strike capabilities are a part of what determines your BR - it’s a tradeoff between being worse at fighting but better at farming bases and AI, basically. This update would make ground strike capabilities pointless, thereby making Strike Aircraft and Bombers pointless too because they can’t fight for shit anyway - but fighting would be the only way to actually get points. This all would be so much better if they gave different points based on actions - let’s say 150% for air kills for Fighters but 25% for ground kills (in ARB), for Strike Aircraft 100% on kills and 75% on bases and AI and for Bombers 75% on kills but 125% on bases - or something like that, to encourage people to actually do what they’re meant to instead of just using the poor BR balance to use Fighters as multi-role aircraft and steal what little fun Bombers and Strike Aircraft get to enjoy.

5 Likes

If you do such things, then I need compensation, because I took the a-e6 only for the my setup in ground battles. I’m not going to use it in an ARB because it sucks and there are much better planes that perform both fighter and base destroyer roles.
So the final question is: why would I buy an aircraft that I cannot use because you can change the BR at any time at your discretion?

Wow,good job. you ruined the tech tree a10 by moving it to 10.7,while there isnt a single american 10.7 ground vehicle. the premium a10 is better cuz even tho it doesnt have 4 aim9l and slightly worse mavericks, it has gbu8s and gun pods,and its at 10.3 where it has an actual lineup. nerfing america again :)

2 Likes

I don’t think that the super etrendard should move to 10.7. First of all it don’t get any line up at this br, and even if we take it with the Leclerc, there are other, better planes in that case.
While it may have better flight performance, i don’t think that it is as good as the AMX or A6E.
It only carry 4 gbu and doesn’t have thermal. and the gbu are the smallest too. And if, as you said, you are adding the possibility of carriyng AS 30L, that just mean that you are trying to resolve a problem you created. If removing the AS 30L mean that it will go to 10.3 then remove it. The jaguar and M2000k are there for the 10.7 and more if, one day, france get a proper line up. As for the higher “efficiency” putting it at 10.3 should down it by quite a lot. Don’t make it face Pantsir please…

I don’t understand why you keep trying to downgrade the rewards. Seriously.

8 Likes

Because they want you to grind more

2 Likes

For this one, we’re primarily talking about the A-10A, A-10A Late, Su-25, Su-25K and A-6E TRAM, which populate these Battle Ratings in Air Battles and have all-aspect missiles. The flight performance characteristics of these aircraft after expending air-to-air missiles does not allow them to fight equally with aircraft that have higher speeds and thrust-to-weight ratios, which is why these aircraft can only effectively fight with aircraft that have similar characteristics.

Can you please explain why these five aircraft in particular needs to have their performance measured without their missiles, when every other plane in the game has their performance measured with their entire package? I can’t think of a single reasonable reason, so I must be missing something here and I really wish to understand why you choose to measure in a different way for these five vehicles alone out of ~2000 in the game.

7 Likes